Illini Basketball 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, who in the B1G can match up with Kofi on strength? Maybe Wesson? I recognize that he'll need to adjust to the speed of the game, increase his conditioning, increase post moves, avoid fouling, etc. but man, Giorgi matched up size-wise with most B1G bigs last year and Kofi makes him look like a guard LOL
Purdue gave us trouble with size last year. Giorgi couldn't defend by himself. Will be different this year.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Agreed that helps, but Kofi is Big, The ceiling is so high in college for him, I hope he gets it this year.

Big doesn't do him justice. HUGE. And zero baby fat. The baby Huey worries are gone. If he can stay out of foul trouble, we should be an order of magnitude better down low. Really looking forward to seeing the problems Kofi and Giorgi cause. Should be spectacular.

Big doesn't do him justice. HUGE. And zero baby fat. The baby Huey worries are gone. If he can stay out of foul trouble, we should be an order of magnitude better down low. Really looking forward to seeing the problems Kofi and Giorgi cause. Should be spectacular.
[/QUOTE
Well there was Shaq, then baby Shaq and now Shaq+

The fact that Giorgi gets to practice against Kofi every day is awesome.

Kofi practicing against Giorgi... not as much. (This is no slight to Giorgi. Kofi is just MASSIVE)

Hopefully Hamlin is at least more difficult to move/post up for Kofi. Should help to have someone bigger to practice against.

Last edited:
Seriously, who in the B1G can match up with Kofi on strength? Maybe Wesson? I recognize that he'll need to adjust to the speed of the game, increase his conditioning, increase post moves, avoid fouling, etc. but man, Giorgi matched up size-wise with most B1G bigs last year and Kofi makes him look like a guard LOL

Last year we were the pushee. This year we're the pusher!

This season will come down to exactly what it did last year...better wing play imo. We were okay inside with Giorgi last year, and we were obviously okay with TF/Ayo as we will be again. If the wings don't dramatically improve overall play, that will be our downfall.

And who is missing??

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 12.04.24 PM.png

There are fifteen around the table, and I assume all are players. The grid shows 14 scholarships and three walk-ons, for a total of 17. Subtract Kouma and we get 16, so one is missing if only players are at the table. Does this mean Grandison, Hutcherson, Verdonk and Hamlin are all in place?

MTMinded

Fatigued
Kofi is so damn big...like Dad at the head of the table.

This season will come down to exactly what it did last year...better wing play imo. We were okay inside with Giorgi last year, and we were obviously okay with TF/Ayo as we will be again. If the wings don't dramatically improve overall play, that will be our downfall.
We weren't ok on defense and rebounding inside. Adding three inches at center and four at PF will make a big difference to both. Just wished we had more depth there. Alan and Tevian will do fine at the wing.

We really weren't OK inside. Giorgi was good, but couldn't handle everything by himself. We got killed on the boards.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Hopefully Hamlin is at least more difficult to move/post up for Kofi. Should help to have someone bigger to practice against.

Can't hardly imagine what must have been going through Hamlin's noggin when he matched up with Kofi for the first few times. "Damn, this dude is big!" lol

Yeah, if Hamlin can provide some resistance, that would be great (for both).

Status
Not open for further replies.