Illini Basketball 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikraso

The Urb
Sorry if there's a more appropriate place for this question, but does anyone here have experience with the mobile pass season tickets?

Looking into getting season tickets this year, and the mobile passes are an insanely good deal, but I'm assuming we'll be stuck behind the basket for every game and that wouldn't be ideal. I'm not worried about being in the nosebleeds, just don't want to be behind the basket every single game.

Illinisteve25

Champaign
Sorry if there's a more appropriate place for this question, but does anyone here have experience with the mobile pass season tickets?

Looking into getting season tickets this year, and the mobile passes are an insanely good deal, but I'm assuming we'll be stuck behind the basket for every game and that wouldn't be ideal. I'm not worried about being in the nosebleeds, just don't want to be behind the basket every single game.
Got the mobile pass last 3 seasons. Each games seat changes alot but they were usually on the sides of court. We moved our seats each game last year because their wasn't a big crowd. Hoping this year we will have to stay in our assigned seats! The pass was totally worth it though for the price.

I was thinking about the coming year, I would think Kipper will be working on his handles, with his strength if he can get his handles and quick going he could be pretty good at slashing at the 3, and he can shoot 3's already.

Deleted member 524120

D
I'm guessing if VerDunk is in a pool. He might of had a scope procedure or something with his foot. Man I wish he was getting in practice time 1 on 1 with OA..

Deleted member 524120

D
I have some faith in DW, 2 years removed from that catastrophic knee injury his senior year. He was legit, until that happened. We'll see and hope for the best. Looking forward to Illini BB, 2k19.

illini80

Forgottonia
I'm guessing if VerDunk is in a pool. He might of had a scope procedure or something with his foot. Man I wish he was getting in practice time 1 on 1 with OA..
Seems to be a little more going on that we know. If the late signers are to be contributors, I hope they are able to get extra work in somehow. Especially since we are starting practice later than most other teams this year. I know it’s because of the extra summer practices we had, but obviously some of the new guys missed most or all of that.

Seems to be a little more going on that we know. If the late signers are to be contributors, I hope they are able to get extra work in somehow. Especially since we are starting practice later than most other teams this year. I know it’s because of the extra summer practices we had, but obviously some of the new guys missed most or all of that.
It's a bit concerning that we haven't heard much about Verdunk in a while. It makes sense that he didn't play in Italy even if only out of caution but we are a couple of months later and I was hoping some info would leak out about how he is progressing with his injury. Sometimes fractures of the feet can take a long time to heal given the stress they must handle. Let's hope we hear some good news soon.

Bubba Eder

Northeast Missouri
It's a bit concerning that we haven't heard much about Verdunk in a while. It makes sense that he didn't play in Italy even if only out of caution but we are a couple of months later and I was hoping some info would leak out about how he is progressing with his injury. Sometimes fractures of the feet can take a long time to heal given the stress they must handle. Let's hope we hear some good news soon.
BU talks about him and his progress in the video posted yesterday. Said that they are taking things easy with him and he is seeing medical every two weeks to check on progress. They want him 100% when he steps back on the floor to compete.

I-L-L

Who on the team is going to make the biggest leap from last year? What do you think?

Who on the team is going to make the biggest leap from last year? What do you think?
Hoping for Jones. Sure, AG making good progress can only help us. But if Tev gets confident and consistent, he will be a beast, he has the body and the athleticism. I would love to see him play like Aaron Henry.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
I agree with Tev or Alan making significant jumps, but , maybe, Giorgi makes a big jump with now having Kofi down low that will allow his paint ballet to blossom and also allow him for more garbage baskets as the D will try to keep Kofi from rebounding...

Really, I expect EVERYONE to improve as last year was exciting but didn't result into more wins than losses...I'm planning on watching selection Sunday to see where the Illini are seeded, not crying in my booze once again...

I agree with Tev or Alan making significant jumps, but , maybe, Giorgi makes a big jump with now having Kofi down low that will allow his paint ballet to blossom and also allow him for more garbage baskets as the D will try to keep Kofi from rebounding...

Really, I expect EVERYONE to improve as last year was exciting but didn't result into more wins than losses...I'm planning on watching selection Sunday to see where the Illini are seeded, not crying in my booze once again...

Predicted #6 seed vs Belmont first round.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Ayo. I think others listed will show a nice improvement and be solid contributors. But I think Ayo is a lottery pick in next years draft.

Ayo. I think others listed will show a nice improvement and be solid contributors. But I think Ayo is a lottery pick in next years draft.

I agree with this. And I'm really excited to see Kofi this year. I see no reason he can't at least match Kaleb Wesson's freshman year numbers -- 20.7 mpg, 10.2 ppg, 4.9 rpg.

illini80

Forgottonia
I was a bit concerned listening to Piper talk about how the staff was concerned about the defensive problems in Italy. I guess the encouraging thing is they are addressing it. Maybe Gentry is the missing piece to implement a system that's more effective.

Praise for Gentry is sky high. Hope he turns out to be all that is being said about him. I suspect long term he will be an effective recruiter, but it could take a year or two for him to develop relationships. Texas ties are always good.

illini80

Forgottonia
If we are talking from 1 year ago, I think Ayo. He improved so much during the regular season that if we use his end of year performance as the base line, I'm thinking Griffin.

Ayo will almost certainly be our MVP though.

illiniswish09

Northwest Suburbs
I was a bit concerned listening to Piper talk about how the staff was concerned about the defensive problems in Italy. I guess the encouraging thing is they are addressing it. Maybe Gentry is the missing piece to implement a system that's more effective.

Praise for Gentry is sky high. Hope he turns out to be all that is being said about him. I suspect long term he will be an effective recruiter, but it could take a year or two for him to develop relationships. Texas ties are always good.
Hurts when your 7 foot starting center wasn’t on the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.