Status
Not open for further replies.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
"Mark your calendars..."

giphy.gif

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
When I've heard people talking about the "It" factor in reference to some players (in any sport), work ethic, enthusiasm, determination, background life lessons, drive, personality, ability..I look at Giorgi and nod affirmatively. It stands to reason that BU saw this when he was there to see a different player.

He has the "It" factor. Now he just needs to keep working and the rest will fall into place.

The one thing I noticed in the highlights of TJ...he doesn't seem to run nearly as rigid and upright as last year. Much more fluid, longer strides overall....should be fun to watch this year.

The one thing I noticed in the highlights of TJ...he doesn't seem to run nearly as rigid and upright as last year. Much more fluid, longer strides overall....should be fun to watch this year.

He did move pretty rigidly last year for a guy with his athleticism. Rigid guys scare me for basketball, even though I am pretty high on him. That’s also partially why I like AG more to break out this year. Not as athletic coming in but smoother for basketball.

He did move pretty rigidly last year for a guy with his athleticism. Rigid guys scare me for basketball, even though I am pretty high on him. That’s also partially why I like AG more to break out this year. Not as athletic coming in but smoother for basketball.
I have the same thoughts about AG, also thinking they will pull each other, both gonna be good!

I asked this last year, and haven't found anything on it, does anyone know GB's wingspan?

Sounds like Frank Martin and Underwood are going to be secretly re-united.:)

Sounds like Frank Martin and Underwood are going to be secretly re-united.:)

Sounds like a scowling contest among two of the best....would like to have someone video just Martin and Underwood during this game....I'm thinking it could be pretty cool

The Athletic Poll rankings. The actual poll is behind a paywall. However, Jeremy Warner kindly provided the breakdown of the Poll results for us. 28 rankings from 1st to 14th (14 points for 1st, 1 point for 14th). I plotted the Data as a normal distribution plot and determined the Percentile for each team. Doing so allows me to get a more clear picture of how the folks over at The Athletic feel like the B10 will shake out this season. Breaking the data out there are a few key things that jump out at me.

1. The gap between Illinois (7) and Michigan (5) is very small. Only 16 of the total 2940 points awarded or roughly 0.5%. Put it another way, the 3 teams in 5th thru 7th are all within the 60-66th percentile. This tells me that the folks at the Athletic would not be surprised with Illinois finishing anywhere between 5th thru 7th. I am definitely biased but I think that Michigan and Wisconsin are riding their recent success while Illinois is being held back by their recent failures - I believe this puts us in a great position to leap frog into a 5th place B10 finish or better.

2. The 65pt gap between Illinois (7) and Iowa (8) is similar to the 72pt gap between Illinois (7) and Purdue (4). Put another way, the difference in percentile is approximately 22 to drop to 8th place, or to move up to 4th place. This tells me that The Athletic feels it is just as likely for Illinois to finish 4th as 8th. It also sort of sets their Ceiling / Floor expectations for Illinois to be within this range. Again, noting that the rankings are likely holding Illinois back due to recent failure, I could see our Floor / Ceiling for the season being closer to 8th through 3rd.

While I don't think I'd be happy with an 8th place finish in the B10, I would be happy if Illinois was consistently (~80% of seasons) finishing in the 3-8 range in B10 Standings with the occasional (~10% of seasons) 1-2 finish along with the occasional (~10% of seasons) 9-10 finish (and staying out of the 11-14 range all together).

SchoolDataPercentile
Michigan State39194.89%
Maryland34989.53%
Ohio State33687.24%
Purdue31181.92%
Michigan25565.78%
Wisconsin24161.02%
Illinois23960.33%
Iowa17437.25%
Penn State16433.89%
Indiana15530.97%
Minnesota12722.68%