Illini Basketball 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe we will be top 5 in the Big this year. I feel Ayo will be much improved. Trent and Andre will have big years. Giorgi will be improved with better shooting. Orlando and company will have Kofi ready. (Look how good Giorgi was as a freshman) Kofi should be much better than Giorgi! Then I believe Allen and Tevian both take a huge step forward! I'm drinking the Orange right now and I'm ready to finally watch my Illini in the Big dance again!!

Haarms should be on there rather than Nojel, although Nojel's defense is elite.

I believe we will be top 5 in the Big this year. I feel Ayo will be much improved. Trent and Andre will have big years. Giorgi will be improved with better shooting. Orlando and company will have Kofi ready. (Look how good Giorgi was as a freshman) Kofi should be much better than Giorgi! Then I believe Allen and Tevian both take a huge step forward! I'm drinking the Orange right now and I'm ready to finally watch my Illini in the Big dance again!!

If your gonna drink the Orange then drink the Orange....had to help you out with this....lol!! I like the outlook though!

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Not sure this outlook needs to have the Orange Kool-aid disclaimer put on it.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
BU coming up on BTN Media Day.

Watching Juwan Howard and lol....seems a little uncomfortable with the speaking!

Can't believe Nebby sells out their entire arena for the year. I get the newness with Hoiberg..but sheesh...those fans are real....FB and BB.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
What else is there to do in Nebraska?
giphy.gif

People doubting Feliz after his second half of the season last year is crazy to me. Went for 26 against NW, great defender, helps on the glass, tough. Outside of 3pt shooting, there wasn’t much not to like once he got his feet under him and shot selection improved.

People doubting Feliz after his second half of the season last year is crazy to me. Went for 26 against NW, great defender, helps on the glass, tough. Outside of 3pt shooting, there wasn’t much not to like once he got his feet under him and shot selection improved.

I'm with you. I would be interested if somebody could come up with a better 6th man in all of the B!G. His 3 point shooting is his big weakness, plus his assists are low considering he was one of the top JUCO's in that category.

Last edited:
I'm with you. I would be interested if somebody could come up with a better 6th man in all of the B!G. His 3 point shooting is his big weakness, plus his assists are low considering he was one of the top JUCO's in that category.

I'll also throw in something Feliz does very well is draw fouls. Ayo & Feliz have to be the best PG1 & PG2 duo in the conference.

Players need to make shots to get the assists. Kofi and Alan/Tevian will improve this stat for everyone.

I try to be fairly reasonable to try maintain unbiased expectations and look at our team. We have addressed our major issue. I think that may be impossible to not be biased as I tend to be optimistic when it comes to the Illini but i try. That being said I feel that with the addition of Kofi our starters can really match up and arguably have as much potential as any B10 team, with some experience it will be hard to find a group of better starters plus we have the highest rated NBA prospect. I realize that MSU is better right now but I dont fear them nor do our players. Our starters are very good and were really improving. I think we will should be a top 4 or 5 B10 team in the standings but when the B10 Tourney rolls around i think we will challenge to win the thing and our starters with some more experience and a top NBA talent will be playing as good as any team in the B10.

Last edited:
I like that fact that our returning top starters and AF are solid from the FT line. I hope that Kofi is effective and working on that part of his game. I am hopeful he can make a good percentage to not be a liability at the end of games from the line. Outside of that we should be able to put 4 guys on the floor that can hit 75% or better in the final minutes to close out games with the lead. .

Haarms should be on there rather than Nojel, although Nojel's defense is elite.

Agree to disagree. Nojel will have a GREAT year. 6'7" PG who shoots it MUCH better than people think. I know him personally and the dude put up 500 shots a day this offseason. He's 230 pounds...could post up Lebron. Crazy mismatch for all of our guards and in my opinion will be drafted after this season

Agree to disagree. Nojel will have a GREAT year. 6'7" PG who shoots it MUCH better than people think. I know him personally and the dude put up 500 shots a day this offseason. He's 230 pounds...could post up Lebron. Crazy mismatch for all of our guards and in my opinion will be drafted after this season
If he can post up Lebron he is in the wrong league and will be a mismatch for basically everyone. I am not buying that one. I think he is good and is projected as a possible late draft pick or undrafted. I am sure he will be a solid opponent but he and Harms will have all they can handle too. Also finishing at the rim will be more of task for both teams this year with Kofi down low. Harms has had a huge impact for them at the rim.

Don't know what Underwood will do but i'd put Ayo on Eastern. He's 6'5 and quick enough to stay with him. Time will tell how well his post game is and how much Purdue utilizes that.

re: the "secret" scrimmages:

here's my idea. make it a fundraiser for charity (coaches for cancer?), charge $100 a ticket for +-5000 great seats. run it as two 15 minute scrimmages,
no final score. maybe a coaches Q & A afterward. fun event for a good cause.

wait a minute... "post up Lebron". Have they finally legalized what he's smoking?

sacraig

The desert

Hello Mrs. Eastern. Nice to have you on the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.