Illini Basketball 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
source.gif

The flip side that we’re not talking about is, if kofi is spaces out on the floor while Giorgi is in the low post, how do we punish teams when they sag hard off kofi?
Weak side alley oop, after reversing the ball is one way , Have K set screens on the three line after dumping in to G and G posting or passing out of the double team....deking and gaining good rebounding position on low post... if you have ever drawn up plays there are many ways to use a mobile big when you have multiple offensive weapons.

DReq

Always Illini
Central Illinois
A couple of local articles (News-Gazette) have pointed out that the proper pronunciation of Kofi's last name is CO-burn.

The last name is pronounced Coburn. That's true for just about everyone with that name. Proof in this video

The hesitation and sideways look on that second question: “why illinois?”

i think we played this one right

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Lol, "Cockburn" is a Scottish surname that is almost always pronounced "Coburn".

The French version is "de Cockborne" maybe with a "u" (bourne) but the "ck" is pronounced in the French version.

giphy.gif

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Enjoying these Cockburn clips and articles. Couple of things that stand out: Kofi is articulate and intelligent. All too frequently, top recruits are meatballs. Cockburn clearly isn't.

Because we'd be passing up easier shots that our opponents could take at the other end.
What the other team does on offense does not affect our offense. If the new 3 pt line makes our offense better, standing a couple feet behind the old one would have as well.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Enjoying these Cockburn clips and articles. Couple of things that stand out: Kofi is articulate and intelligent. All too frequently, top recruits are meatballs. Cockburn clearly isn't.

I'm actually pretty impressed by these kids a lot of the time. Being born into the social media spotlight (which surely rots their brains in other ways) tends to put a coat of polish on these kids public interactions. It's a setting they're comfortable in in a way jocks of years past wouldn't have been.

Illini_1979

Oregon
A couple of local articles (News-Gazette) have pointed out that the proper pronunciation of Kofi's last name is CO-burn.
OK then. I sit corrected. Thanks all.

Edit --> And just to clarify, I wasn't trying to be funny in my original post, I was really under the impression that his name is pronounced differently.

Last edited:
The last name is pronounced Coburn. That's true for just about everyone with that name. Proof in this video

Basically Kofi said he came to Illinois because of the fans passion for our team/school, despite a down year. No kids and still a lot of people cheering for the team. 12 wins yet Illinois was still top 25 in the nation in attendance.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Is there an over/under on Kofi caused in game hoop damage this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.