Illini Basketball 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darius Garland was the 5th or 6th pick after playing in only 5 games being injured. Dee Brown was a 2nd rounder.

College stats don't matter much, imo, to the NBA.

I agree as long as the projections can be seen. Many projected stars come from the blue bloods...ie: 2.3.4 options on some teams.

Rece

Recently saw one from a site that said he was 23rd. A day or two old. Cannot recall where I saw it.

Haven't seen that one, hope you are right, not trying to say he can't go 1st round, I hope he does, it will help ALL out. Just not seeing it as of now. Conference season I hope he takes over.

201154JC

Rockford, IL
Haven't seen that one, hope you are right, not trying to say he can't go 1st round, I hope he does, it will help ALL out. Just not seeing it as of now. Conference season I hope he takes over.
Gary Parrish on cbssports.com has him going 23rd.

I know it doesn’t mean anything but ESPN has us as an 11th seed in the brackets they just released. We were a 10 seed in the first bracket they put out right after the Arizona loss.

I just hope this Illinois team doesn't have to get in the tournament the way Underwood's OSU team did in 2016-2017.

I'm a bit concerned because it seems that Arizona will be the best opponent we faced in our nonconference. Had it been a neutral/home game maybe the outcome would have been different. At least this team doesn't seem to get hung up on a loss like a certain former coach's team did.

Rankings mean nothing right now. What matters is where we are in March. I hope this team doesn't get distracted by that. If it motivates them to play harder that's fine, but really it doesn't matter a bit.

Can we get a highlight reel of Kofi's first games? I'm trying to tell my friends who haven't seen all the games how legit he is but I'm having trouble and I admittedly have been drinking the Koolaid in the past LOL. Anyways I would do it but computers aren't my thing!

I am much more concerned about turnovers than I am our rebounding. If we can reduce that number drastically we will be really good. If we dont then we will struggle
Kofi is likely the best rebounder in the confernce and.that will help us improve either way.

I have not been pleased with Ayo and others TOs and I'm sure he and others arent either.

jmilt7

Waukegan
Can we get a highlight reel of Kofi's first games? I'm trying to tell my friends who haven't seen all the games how legit he is but I'm having trouble and I admittedly have been drinking the Koolaid in the past LOL. Anyways I would do it but computers aren't my thing!
I suppose you could just do a google search for something like, "Kofi Cockburn Illinois highlights" then click on "videos". I just got a couple of hits when I did that. I guess it depends on what you mean by computers are not your thing.

Illini_1979

Oregon
I think it is unfortunate when a young man is declared to be a 1-and-done (or even a 2-and-done). This seems to me to put a lot of extra (and unnecessary) pressure on the young man to perform.

jmilt7

Waukegan
Re: Tevian Jones. From the "Brad Underwood Previews Lindenwood" video,
"It's right where it's at, and we will continue to further monitor his return. He's in practice everyday."

Whatever that means.

He's in practice everyday

Sounds as if he doesn't want to commit to a stance one way or another. With this being multiple transgressions on the part of same player. Don't say as I blame coach on this one. The feel to me is underwhelming and starting to feel as if it will go a certain way.

I suppose you could just do a google search for something like, "Kofi Cockburn Illinois highlights" then click on "videos". I just got a couple of hits when I did that. I guess it depends on what you mean by computers are not your thing.
I appreciate the tone, thanks. I did that and only got single game highlights. Perhaps I should learn to be more clear.

Thought I'd look at the ratings of teams we face, especially our BIG rivals. It's early, but I think this offers some perspective. I've taken an average margin for Sagarin's and KenPom's ratings to say whether we would be favored or underdogs relative to the teams on our schedule, on a neutral site.

Favored by x points, over
1 Wisconsin
2 Iowa
4 Minney
7 Rutgers
8 NW
11 Nebraska

Underdogs by x points
2 Indiana
2 Penn State
3 Purdue
3 Michigan
5 Maryland
8 tOSU
9 MSU

Others
1 over Mizzou (not really neutral though)
8 over Miami

The early returns would say we're in the middle of the conference, in a fairly large group. No one looks unbeatable. Other than Nebraska being awful, the conference looks reasonable. Obviously MSU is looking weak in the early going, as they often do. It wouldln't surprise me if home court was more important than in year's past.

Deleted member 533939

D
Why isn't Missouri neutral? Isn't it always 50/50?

Has anyone heard how Grandison and Hutcherson have looked in practice? Should we expect much from either of them next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.