Illini Basketball 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much does the gentry hire have to do with this years success?

Some I would suspect, however BU has professed how he changed in order to not take the ship down so to speak. He is a great steward of the ILLINI program and honestly trying to get the program back. He knows what the ILLINI basketball means to the fanbase.

Finally feeling like this team is a legit top 25 team. Which means we will lose the next 4 in a row.

Would someone be able to tell me when Trent took over the main ball handling responsibilities? Can't remember exactly which game but know it has been a key component of the step forward Illini have made. Thanks

Would someone be able to tell me when Trent took over the main ball handling responsibilities? Can't remember exactly which game but know it has been a key component of the step forward Illini have made. Thanks
I believe this was the 7th game, because he had gone 6 games without a turnover and that was significant because he had primary ball handing duties.

So that would be the game after Missouri, which makes a lot of sense.

jmilt7

Waukegan
Is Fran up for COY yet? I never expected them to be this good. I’m actually not sure if they are, but they’ve been playing well esp considering their injuries.

If we win at Michigan and then split the remaining games in the B10 Brad might be COY.

Seems that Steve Pikiell should be considered as well, no? Just think how much better they might be if Eugene Omoruyi had not transferred to Oregon.
I mentioned this on another thread but it probably was not seen by many as I posted it long after the thread started to die down but Cliff Omoruyi (no relation) has narrowed his list of schools to 4 or 5 and Rutgers is one of them. Replace one Omoruyi with another Omoruyi.

Last edited:

haasi

New York
So much basketball yet to be played. Right now I’d say Fran COY but could still go to any number of coaches, BU included.

illini80

Forgottonia
If we win at Michigan and then split the remaining games in the B10 Brad might be COY.
Agree. It was more tongue in cheek than anything. I don’t think anyone has a stronger case at this point.

illini80

Forgottonia
Seems that Steve Pikiell should be considered as well, no? Just think how much better they might be if Eugene Omoruyi had not transferred to Oregon.
I mentioned this on another thread but it probably was not seen by many as I posted it long after the thread started to die down but Cliff Omoruyi (no relation) has narrowed his list of schools to 4 or 5 and Rutgers is one of them. Replace one Omoruyi with another Omoruyi.
He deserves consideration for sure.

illini80

Forgottonia
I assume it would be a minimal amount since he didn't get here until late August. Could be wrong.
I’ve wondered the same thing, but I have to say this is a far different system than we saw the first two years. Somehow Underwood has become much more flexible and it’s working. I expect Gentry is at least some part of that because we know Underwood has high regard for him.

ILFaninFL

Nature Coast in Florida
If and when Alan Griffin has to sit for a game or two ... who picks up his minutes. Will we finally see Bosmans-Verdonk get some minutes, or is he still hurt?

If and when Alan Griffin has to sit for a game or two ... who picks up his minutes. Will we finally see Bosmans-Verdonk get some minutes, or is he still hurt?
Don’t know BBV’s physical condition but would suspect they would preserve his redshirt (assuming he qualifies). Would think Tevian a more logical candidate. Probably mostly see an increase in Kipper’s, Dre’s and DaMonte’s minutes. May see Tyler.

Last edited:
Don’t know BBV’s physical condition but would suspect they would preserve his redshirt (assuming he qualifies). Would think Tevian a more logical candidate. Probably mostly see an increase in Kipper’s, Dre’s and DaMonte’s minutes. May see Tyler.
Don't you put that evil on us Ricky Bobby.

Kofi has the best hands I have seen for a big man at Illinois for a long time. He must have been a goalie in soccer when he was a kid because he seems to grab everything.

Kofi has the best hands I have seen for a big man at Illinois for a long time. He must have been a goalie in soccer when he was a kid because he seems to grab everything.
When I was watching video of the game I saw one of the passes from Ayo and at first thought my video player was sped up (as I often do this when watching videos). Ayo threw a bullet and Kofi handled it for the easy dunk. He has been so much fun to watch this year.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
Current NET Rankings (thru 1/22/20):

8 MSU
15 MD
18 OSU
20 Rutgers
21 Wisc
22 Iowa
29 PSU
31 Illinois
37 Mich
43 Minn
46 Purdue
50 Indiana
139 NU
169 Neb

Purdue and Indiana are starting to drop behind the pack.

I came across a video of Shaq when he was younger and it got me wondering, how different of a size was Shaq of early LSU days to Kofi now?

Well, not that different.

Linky

I know it's a different NBA game now. But man, it sure seems like Kofi has some of that potential in him. Also, Shaq was at LSU for 3 years. Again, different time, but it would be swell to get 3 years from Kofi.

Status
Not open for further replies.