Illini Basketball 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
And interestingly, the leading candidate for Coach of the Year in the MAC is none other than...............................John Groce.

Good luck to coach! Might be his ticket back to a Power 5 gig. I always thought he was a genuine guy. Particularly liked his celebratory hug with Josh Whitman when Tilmon gave his verbal to Illinois.)

jmilt7

Waukegan
John Groce is the front runner for the MAC.:)
I guess everyone knows this already but I was a bit surprised to see that Akron is in the same league as Groce's former team Ohio. They are both in the same division (east) even. I just don't remember ever a coach in the B1G leaving a team and then coming back to coach a different team in the B1G. Has that happened? Just kind of surprised me.

jmilt7

Waukegan
And interestingly, the leading candidate for Coach of the Year in the MAC is none other than...............................John Groce.

Good luck to coach! Might be his ticket back to a Power 5 gig. I always thought he was a genuine guy. Particularly liked his celebratory hug with Josh Whitman when Tilmon gave his verbal to Illinois.)
Yeah, maybe he will come back to the B1G for another team other than Illinois ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.