Illini Basketball 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please tell me who this Foster person is that people are referencing to for next season??

Could someone please tell me who this Foster person is that people are referencing to for next season??
A top 10 2021 recruit that may reclass to 2020. He is in an interesting spot; because of his age he is 2 years from the NBA no matter what.

I don't follow recruiting close enough to know the details other than he unofficially visited last year, and recently had a Zoom meeting with the staff.

https://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Foster-46048914/

Deon? Deron played 11 years in the NBA and avg 16 pts. Augustine 2 yrs in NBA and then international, Brown played parts of two seasons in the NBA and the rest international. Powell played 3 games in the NBA. Head played 6 NBA seasons.
Gill 14 seasons, Anderson 13 seasons, Liberty 4 seasons, Bardo 3 seasons, Battle 3+ seasons
1988-89 team had a lot more NBA games but all starters on both teams had some NBA experience. Pretty impressive from that view.

And Liberty wasn't even a starter for the '89 team. Lowell Hamilton was the starting center.

A top 10 2021 recruit that may reclass to 2020. He is in an interesting spot; because of his age he is 2 years from the NBA no matter what.

I don't follow recruiting close enough to know the details other than he unofficially visited last year, and recently had a Zoom meeting with the staff.

https://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Foster-46048914/
He played for Mac Irvin Fire in AAU, I believe.

And Liberty wasn't even a starter for the '89 team. Lowell Hamilton was the starting center.
I think those are both accurate. I believe Liberty only started when Gill was hurt, and Lowell, while undersized, played the role of center most often. His turnaround was money.

Curbelo not worried about outside shot: 'I'm going to shoot it'

“Outside shooting is currently a liability,” 247Sports director of basketball scouting Jerry Meyer wrote last summer.

LuHi coach Derek Klein told Illini Inquirer earlier this spring that Curbelo isn’t a poor shooter, he just simply hasn’t had to take many threes up to this point in his career.

“To be honest, Dre is actually a good shooter,” Klein said. “It’s funny to say because he doesn’t put that many up in high school. I just think the game is so easy for him at this level that he can get into the lane and do his scoop layups and floaters that he avoids shooting the three, even though he could shoot it. I’ve seen him in the morning workouts or even in practice go off and hit nine or 10 in a row. It’s not about if he can do it. I know he can do it. It’s just he’s got to be consistent with it.”

Curbelo has heard the knocks, but he isn’t concerned about that part of his game.

https://247sports.com/college/illin...-outside-shot-Im-going-to-shoot-it-147266996/

illini80

Forgottonia

“Outside shooting is currently a liability,” 247Sports director of basketball scouting Jerry Meyer wrote last summer.

LuHi coach Derek Klein told Illini Inquirer earlier this spring that Curbelo isn’t a poor shooter, he just simply hasn’t had to take many threes up to this point in his career.

“To be honest, Dre is actually a good shooter,” Klein said. “It’s funny to say because he doesn’t put that many up in high school. I just think the game is so easy for him at this level that he can get into the lane and do his scoop layups and floaters that he avoids shooting the three, even though he could shoot it. I’ve seen him in the morning workouts or even in practice go off and hit nine or 10 in a row. It’s not about if he can do it. I know he can do it. It’s just he’s got to be consistent with it.”

Curbelo has heard the knocks, but he isn’t concerned about that part of his game.

https://247sports.com/college/illin...-outside-shot-Im-going-to-shoot-it-147266996/
He was on WDWS Saturday Sports Talk this past weekend. I was really impressed with his maturity. Quite a story if you haven’t heard it. Definitely worth a listen.

This was a nice little article. Thanks for posting.

HoopCity

Huntsville, AL
He was on WDWS Saturday Sports Talk this past weekend. I was really impressed with his maturity. Quite a story if you haven’t heard it. Definitely worth a listen.

I too say to go listen to WDWS Saturday Sports Talk with Curbelo this past weekend. I too was really impressed with his maturity. Quite a journey the teen has been on since he was 13, it is definitely worth a listen !!

the national

the Front Range
Eighth in the BIG with Kofi back? Don’t think so. Understand why with the loss of 4/8 rotation and points but replacements fit. Probably about right without Kofi.
This is a joke. We need to go back to the ol fashion Illinois butt kicking 🦵 🍑 we used to give teams back in the 2000s. We beat people into respecting us. Underwood started last season. We’ll get there. But on an honest assessment, we have a strong incoming class. With Kofi, it could be special. I’m thinking top 4

illini55

The Villages, FL
This is a joke. We need to go back to the ol fashion Illinois butt kicking 🦵 🍑 we used to give teams back in the 2000s. We beat people into respecting us. Underwood started last season. We’ll get there. But on an honest assessment, we have a strong incoming class. With Kofi, it could be special. I’m thinking top 4
I'm thinking Top 1.

I'm thinking Top 1.
I like your thinking but need your brand of scotch.

Was interesting that BU (interview Illinois Nation 100) said the biggest change required by Hawkins was not skills but body development. If they come in June, Fletch can do a lot. Also said excellent bb IQ and passer. Think there needs to be a three man rotation with Kofi and Giorgi and would be ecstatic if he is it. Don’t remember the poster that said Hawkins would make an impact immediately but sure hope he is right.

I like your thinking but need your brand of scotch.

Was interesting that BU (interview Illinois Nation 100) said the biggest change required by Hawkins was not skills but body development. If they come in June, Fletch can do a lot. Also said excellent bb IQ and passer. Think there needs to be a three man rotation with Kofi and Giorgi and would be ecstatic if he is it. Don’t remember the poster that said Hawkins would make an impact immediately but sure hope he is right.

Don’t forget about BBV. Definitely showed potential when not hurt last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.