Illini Basketball 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior

MediumGoodAsianconstablebutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Everything he has done and said up to this point has been professional and calculated. This is huge news IMO.

Ayo and his camp have had a plan since the very beginning. COVID ruined that plan. Ayo's stage was stolen, and there is still unfinished business.

Not a set in stone, done deal, but I am hearing a lot more about coming back then going pro...

Ayo thinks that if he and Kofi both return that this is a team that can contend for a Big Ten and National Championship.

Especially if the staff can add one more piece to fill that last scholarship.

We will lose our ever loving minds in an - dare I say it - unprecedented way on this board (and on twitter) if this all goes down. And that’s sayin something for Illini nation.

If our best case plays out - preseason #1?

Edit: By best case I mean - roster construction. Not assuming any transformative offseason player developments. Basically, Ayo and Kofi return, and Foster commits.

Last edited:
Ayo and his camp have had a plan since the very beginning. COVID ruined that plan. Ayo's stage was stolen, and there is still unfinished business.

Not a set in stone, done deal, but I am hearing a lot more about coming back then going pro...

Ayo thinks that if he and Kofi both return that this is a team that can contend for a Big Ten and National Championship.

Michael Foster!

If our best case plays out - preseason #1?

Edit: By best case I mean - roster construction. Not assuming any transformative offseason player developments. Basically, Ayo and Kofi return, and Foster commits.
No way preseason will be that high but postseason?

If Ayo and Kofi do return this is what we will see for a line up I think:
1. Trent
2. Ayo
3. Miller
4. Hutch
5. Kofi

I really can’t see any other starting line up. Miller will start no doubt. Curbelo and Damonte will be first off the bench.

1. Trent
2. Ayo
3. Miller
4. Hutch
5. Kofi

I really can’t see any other starting line up. Miller will start no doubt. Curbelo and Damonte will be first off the bench.
Dare I say, I’d put a beach house on Damonte starting at the beginning of the season... and I wouldn’t bet against him starting at the end.

Dare I say, I’d put a beach house on Damonte starting at the beginning of the season... and I wouldn’t bet against him starting at the end.
Yeah it was tough choosing between him and Hutch, if Damonte is better defensively then you could see him start. Hutch has the three ball threat though.

Who are they shooting for for the last scholarship?? Realistically, I mean

Last edited:

haasi

New York
1. Trent
2. Ayo
3. Miller
4. Hutch
5. Kofi

Underwood has talked about Hutch at 1-3 and Grandison at 2-4, so it seems like won’t get much at the 4.

Having Hutcherson and Grandison as ready replacements for Griffin and Jones allows Underwood the flexibility to be selective. Both have the versatility to play as many as three different positions — Hutcherson 1-3 and Grandison 2-4 — so there’s not a rush to try and add a piece on the wing in response to two transfers out.

https://www.news-gazette.com/sports...cle_e588fe6d-27eb-5086-90d2-5a1d68ef80d8.html

he’s listed on the Illini website as 6’6 175 and his issue is strength. Sounds like he’s probably still too weak to play the 4, although maybe he will get there. Grandison is bigger, listed at 200lb.

Hutcherson is expected to give Illinois length and scoring ability — two traits needed if Ayo Dosunmu moves on to a pro career after this season. But adding strength has been a main focus this sit-out season for the slender 6-foot-6 guard.

“We know Hutch is an elite shooter,” Underwood said. “We were kidding the other day that Hutch has a tricep. What he’s done with Fletch and the way he’s added, he’s so dog-gone athletic. We get a great read from him everyday, not just offensively where he does some great things but defensively with his length and gives us a great read trying to guard Ayo or trying to guard our guards at 6-6, 6-7 with that kind of length and athleticism. Those guys have been phenomenal and to this point have been working extremely hard with Fletch in gaining weight and gaining strength. That’s what those guys needed this year.”

https://247sports.com/college/illin...-Hutcherson-transfer-guards-update-143950248/

To me, it sounds like the players who would see significant time at the 4 are DaMonte, Grandison, a little Giorgi, and if we add someone who is ready to play.

Definition of Ayahuasca....(euphoria is a side effect)..
The main ingredients of Ayahuasca — Banisteriopsis caapi and Psychotria viridis...When combined, these two plants form a powerful psychedelic brew that affects the central nervous system, leading to an altered state of consciousness that can include hallucinations, out-of-body experiences, and euphoria.

Waiter....I'll have what he's having

1. Trent
2. Ayo
3. Miller
4. Hutch
5. Kofi

I see Hutch in a Griffin type role off the bench.

Illinois will be in Destin, Fla. for the Emerald Coast Classic this year, along with Florida, Iowa State and Oregon.
The event will take place on Nov. 27-29.

Anyone heard any update on the status of this tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.