Illini Basketball 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a lot better than my 35% last week or 2 weeks ago. Was told 50/50 now on him coming back. Still thinks he stays in if he is told by a team that they are taking him in the second round but that is looking less and less likely with no workouts possible.

Wow. I’m hearing 49%-51%. Must have different sources. Lol. 50/50. Can you imagine Ayo sitting in his bedroom. “I am like 35% Illini right now”. “Ok, this Covid-19 stuff happened. Tell my circle I’m now 50%!!!!”

ILLINIShox24

Orange Krush '04 & '05
Yahoo just put him at pick #40.
tenor.gif

Yahoo just put him at pick #40.

I think a key is if he gets a combine invite. The teams nominate players to attend the combine, and all teams vote on those players from what I understand. The top 60ish vote-getters are offered an invite; an invite means teams want you there. I forget the numbers, but very few players are drafted without an combine invite.

It would be nice if the NBA hosted a virtual combine to give these kids some clarity - even if its just for the interviews.

Looks like Kofi is back on campus. Better there than in NYC locked in a tiny apt. Hopefully he can get some work in before the combine....or returning to the Illini!🤞
Screenshot_20200522-025509.png

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
Quick, someone remind Kofi that we still have a shelter-in-place order in Illinois. Best to stay put for a while. ;)

Last edited:
I think a key is if he gets a combine invite. The teams nominate players to attend the combine, and all teams vote on those players from what I understand. The top 60ish vote-getters are offered an invite; an invite means teams want you there. I forget the numbers, but very few players are drafted without an combine invite.

It would be nice if the NBA hosted a virtual combine to give these kids some clarity - even if its just for the interviews.

I understand this isn't how this is going to go, but if I'm a team, with the current situation we have with the pandemic, I think I'm going with what I know vs. a kid with unknowns. They know Ayo is a baller, they know he's mature, can lead a locker room, stays out of trouble, great family background, etc. Why not take him? As much as I would love to see him in orange and blue again, I'd also love to see him running around an NBA court where I feel he belongs. Just some thought from my angle I suppose lol.

I understand this isn't how this is going to go, but if I'm a team, with the current situation we have with the pandemic, I think I'm going with what I know vs. a kid with unknowns. They know Ayo is a baller, they know he's mature, can lead a locker room, stays out of trouble, great family background, etc. Why not take him? As much as I would love to see him in orange and blue again, I'd also love to see him running around an NBA court where I feel he belongs. Just some thought from my angle I suppose lol.

Exactly. Would love to see him in the Orange and Blue next year. But he's given so much to this University, I'm just rooting for him to reach his dreams of playing in the NBA.

Exactly. Would love to see him in the Orange and Blue next year. But he's given so much to this University, I'm just rooting for him to reach his dreams of playing in the NBA.

I think this sums up how we all should feel. There's just that little selfish part in the back of my head saying "yes BUT think how cool it would be to watch Miller and Ayo play off each other!!"

Born skeptic here, but if Ayo and Kofi happen to return, with what we have coming in and a healthy BBV, I believe you are looking at a team that is a strong candidate for National Championship. I will be putting down some rubles on the Illini in Sept if that plays out.
I agree, this team would be a major force.

Did BBV get a redshirt for 2019-20? Never saw any info.

Also, not sure if this has been posted, but ESPN has Ayo as the #80 prospect on the big board. Granted, rankings don't seem to be ESPN's strength. I for one don't understand why any team would take Ashton Hagans (rated 49) over Ayo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.