Illini Basketball 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that he mentions Hamlin as dramatically improved. Have wondered if he would be capable this year. Suspect he still won’t get many mins unless Kofi doesn’t come back. Of course he did complement every player except Lieb so probably coaches speak. Hutch greatest athlete, Grandy and Hutch each added 20lbs, Giorgi may be greatest improved, Trent will improve shooting, and love Hawkins. We are really shooting in the dark predicating mins for these players at this point. Only see one player who isn’t a factor at this point and that is Lieb.

Interesting that he mentions Hamlin as dramatically improved. Have wondered if he would be capable this year. Suspect he still won’t get many mins unless Kofi doesn’t come back. Of course he did complement every player except Lieb so probably coaches speak. Hutch greatest athlete, Grandy and Hutch each added 20lbs, Giorgi may be greatest improved, Trent will improve shooting, and love Hawkins. We are really shooting in the dark predicating mins for these players at this point. Only see one player who isn’t a factor at this point and that is Lieb.

Most likely to least likely guys who won't contribute/play significant minutes:

Lieb, Hawkins, BBV, Hamlin, Hutch, Granderson, Curbelo, the rest

Not even close- some of those teams Have multiple ex-first round picks that are trying to make the nba.

And they have a few more years of strengthening and practice while still being in their athletic prime.

Just a friendly reminder that we were 2 points away from being outright Big Ten Champs in year 3 of the Underwood era after 2 pretty awful seasons.
I still think we were hosed vs OSU. I posted some comments in the post game regarding the fouls and how at +2000 there was a lot of money in Illinois for B10 champs. Maybe it’s a chance convo with a jailed NBA ref that has me a forever cynic, but I’m convinced Vegas has far more influence than the leagues and press are willing to admit. The ebb and flow of that game with the foul call pacing fit the scheme combined with the house benefiting substantially from the outcome...

Last edited:
I still think we were hosed vs OSU. I posted some comments in the post game regarding the fouls and how at +2000 there was a lot of money in Illinois for B10 champs. Maybe it’s a chance convo with a jailed NBA ref that has me a forever cynic, but I’m convinced Vegas has far more influence than the leagues and press are willing to admit. The ebb and flow of that game with the foul call pacing fit the scheme combined with the house benefiting substantially from the outcome...
I was there and I’ve never seen anything like it in my life. My brother (an O$U fan) said after the game that it was the worst officiated game he’s ever seen.

WINT

Kewanee, IL
I was there and I’ve never seen anything like it in my life. My brother (an O$U fan) said after the game that it was the worst officiated game he’s ever seen.
Have him watch the 05 NC game.

Status
Not open for further replies.