Illini Basketball 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Welcome to the Illini Basketball & College Basketball 2020-2021 thread

2020 Emerald Coach Classic
Illinois vs Florida (Fri., Nov. 27th)
Illinois vs Iowa State or Oregon (Sun., Nov. 29th)

Roster
Trent Frazier
Andre Curbelo
Adam Miller
Jacob Grandison
Coleman Hawkins
Benjamin Bosmans-Verdonk
Giorgi Bezhanishvili
Da'Monte Williams
Austin Hutcherson
Jermaine Hamlin
Brandon Lieb

NBA Draft Early Entrants (August 3rd withdrawal date)
Kofi Cockburn
Ayo Dosunmu

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
illiniguy24
"Don’t let the harsh vibe bring you down moggs. Some people don’t know how to be anything else but a keyboard warrior. Poll away my friend"

I'm only ribbing for the fun! I like polls!

polls-polls-everywhere.jpg

Jon Rothstein
Brad Underwood tells me that Wesleyan (Division III) transfer Austin Hutcherson is Illinois' best athlete.

Wasn't that said of Kipper? Granted, Kipper was a legacy player for Underwood.
Also, isn't AceWolf an NBA level athlete? I would've thought he'd be our most athletic.

Welcome to the Illini Basketball & College Basketball 2020-2021 thread

2020 Emerald Coach Classic
Illinois vs Florida (Fri., Nov. 27th)
Illinois vs Iowa State or Oregon (Sun., Nov. 29th)

Roster
Trent Frazier
Andre Curbelo
Adam Miller
Jacob Grandison
Coleman Hawkins
Benjamin Bosmans-Verdonk
Giorgi Bezhanishvili
Da'Monte Williams
Austin Hutcherson
Jermaine Hamlin
Brandon Lieb

NBA Draft Early Entrants (August 3rd withdrawal date)
Kofi Cockburn
Ayo Dosunmu

Hearing that the 11 listed under Roster will change.

Retro62

North Bethesda, Maryland
For me it’s kofi that’s the most athletic on the team

I’m interested to see if he’s got a little more lift this year...granted it’s a lot to lift...I just want to see him stuff everything...over or through everyone

Jon Rothstein
Brad Underwood tells me that Wesleyan (Division III) transfer Austin Hutcherson is Illinois' best athlete.

Wasn't that said of Kipper? Granted, Kipper was a legacy player for Underwood.
Also, isn't AceWolf an NBA level athlete? I would've thought he'd be our most athletic.

Given the random June, it is hard to believe that July is here; a month and a few days until we will know for certain about Ayo's status.

The Kipper comment was discussed in the June thread. However, like the first few posts above, it is nice to have the them to reference. Mr. Miller possesses NBA-level athleticism athlete, no doubt; the same is true for Ayo. That said, I am not sure that he was the most athletic player on the roster last year. The most athletic player is (edit "s") not always the best or most talented player; if only we had seen more of Tev.

Hearing that the 11 listed under Roster will change.

Late for someone to transfer, someone being Creaned? Not anyone on the roster that wouldn’t be a loss unless it is a trade for a recent reclass.

Late for someone to transfer, someone being Creaned? Not anyone on the roster that wouldn’t be a loss unless it is a trade for a recent reclass.

Samba didn't leave until July 12th last year.

There are open slots for them at this time without anyone leaving.

Very true. That would be the ideal.

Although, TC did well to word it ambiguously so that the scenarios of a Ayo / Kofi dream year, Kofi + a reclassification, or neither (however unlikely) are all possibilities. While I anticipate Kofi returning for one ore, anything is possible. Well played, TC.

Regardless of how the remaining 2 - or 3 if someone pulls a Samba - roster slots are filled, this should be a fun season. BU and Co have / are recruiting athletic, high ceiling players with size. If the dream scenario happens or it is a Kofi +, this may prove to be the most athletically gifted and balanced team since '05.

Just a thought...if all on this roster are available then there are 7 guards. Tell me who is in the rotation and who gets garbage minutes? IIHO, the correct and honest answer is "I don't know". But it will be interesting to find out. No matter how strongly you feel about a player, they may sit and watch most of the season. It is a good problem to have and a challenge to BU to keep them all interested and motivated. Not sure I have seen this much talent on the roster ever, especially guards. Of course, there are other ways to define them but I go with two,,,guards and bigs.

R
Just a thought...if all on this roster are available then there are 7 guards. Tell me who is in the rotation and who gets garbage minutes? IIHO, the correct and honest answer is "I don't know". But it will be interesting to find out. No matter how strongly you feel about a player, they may sit and watch most of the season. It is a good problem to have and a challenge to BU to keep them all interested and motivated. Not sure I have seen this much talent on the roster ever, especially guards. Of course, there are other ways to define them but I go with two,,,guards and bigs.
Really wonder if the coaches know about playing time at this point. Would like to see conference blow outs to give all time but not normal in the BIG. Like this team going against a bunch of 1 and done’s.

I think the trick is to think of Hutcherson and Grandison more as forwards than guards since that’s were they’ll get slotted in.

Just rewatched the last game of last season, the Iowa game. We are truly going to miss Andre Feliz, I think he was so underrated. Going to miss him!😔
A true team guy. Bulldog. Hoping a combo of DMW improving even more and one of the new additions on the roster will make up for some of his “winning” plays

Feliz was HUGE for us last year, for sure.

Curbelo did all that and more in HS, but he will need more beef and be able to take more punishment in the lane to achieve the same success in the B1G. Nothing is for sure, but I think Curbelo will get it done, and eventually, in a big way. I am a bit nervous how far along he can get by the start of conference play, but that's what makes things exciting for us, right?! We do have the prospect of better outside shooting this year, so that should open the lane a bit, too. With the covid craziness, I just hope they can play the games, so we can find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.