Illini Basketball 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome for Ayo! This means there is a high likelihood of being drafted right??

I know some wished he would come back, and some may have thought he wasn’t ready, or even that late 2nd round isn’t good enough and one more year could raise his stock.

But if he wants to play pro ball, getting the Combine invite makes the nightmare scenario of us not getting to see him play in Champaign AND him not getting drafted (thus feeling like him leaving school was premature) a low likelihood.

It's great the NBA game them so much information. Obvious what to do now,
I don’t think anything is obvious at this point. But certainly good news for Ayo’s NBA dreams, so got a kid who said he is 99% sure this does nothing to decrease the chances of him staying in the draft.

whatahack

St. Peters MO
If there is any sense of decency in the NCAA decision makers they will let anyone not drafted retain their eligibility — I guess I have answered my own observation.

I don't think anyone has ever used the words decency and NCAA in the same sentence...

If there is any sense of decency in the NCAA decision makers they will let anyone not drafted retain their eligibility — I guess I have answered my own observation.
Should they enroll in fall classes or should they be allowed to re-enroll in the spring and start playing then? NCAA won't let non-students play NCAA sports.

The problem here is NBA timeline. Classes are going to start, NBA draft timing seems up in the air, but Draft is certainly after classes start. It is awkward no matter how you choose to go.

Roster
Trent Frazier
Andre Curbelo
Adam Miller
Jacob Grandison
Coleman Hawkins
Benjamin Bosmans-Verdonk
Giorgi Bezhanishvili
Da'Monte Williams
Austin Hutcherson
Jermaine Hamlin
Brandon Lieb

8 players who have never played a Big 10 game together? When was the last time that happened?

Underwoods first year was similar I think.

it helps that two of them practiced with the team all last year. Sure would have been nice to have Griffin returning though.

Underwoods first year was similar I think.

it helps that two of them practiced with the team all last year. Sure would have been nice to have Griffin returning though.
With all the worldwide catastrophe's I had completely forgotten about Alan Griffin. Did we ever get an explanation for his departure? It was a bad surprise. Though, I suspect if we have a basketball season, Hutcherson and Grandison will soak up Griffin's minutes and shots.

With all the worldwide catastrophe's I had completely forgotten about Alan Griffin. Did we ever get an explanation for his departure? It was a bad surprise. Though, I suspect if we have a basketball season, Hutcherson and Grandison will soak up Griffin's minutes and shots.
Heard that when the quarantine hit & Alan had to isolate with Momma his decision was made for him.

The problem here is NBA timeline. Classes are going to start, NBA draft timing seems up in the air, but Draft is certainly after classes start. It is awkward no matter how you choose to go.
True, but by being invited, team(s) have mentioned interest and your chances are better than they were 24 hours ago. So we already knew he was likely going to bet on himself without the combine... Now, even more so! I'd bet on him showing teams that he is with a shot! Good luck Ayo!

USA today said last week that Kofi was on the list of 105.
Something like 66 players attended last years draft combine and I'd imagine that number might be even less this year, so this is an even more cut down list of the guys who are likely to get drafted. The list of 105 was just a list of potential participants.

Status
Not open for further replies.