Illini Basketball 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mizzou about to be BBQ chicken. I’m so glad we have Miller, dude is going to blow up. What a starting line up, seriously, a bunch of dudes that will eat up competition. Then we have a bench that has potential to be a starting line up.
Frazier
Dosunmo
Miller
DMFW
Kofi

Did anyone else notice that Coach didn't mention Ben when he talked about possibilities at the 4 or any other time either? I think he mentioned everyone else at some point.

I recall when Verdonk was first announced as joining the team that there was an interview where Coach referred to him as more of a 3 than a 4.

A 3?! I feel like he's more of a 5 if anything. Dude is the second biggest guy on our team behind Kofi.

Supposedly he's got an offensive skill set to play the 3 with a good outside shot and the ability to slash to the hoop. If he's got the quickness to defend an opposing 3 he'd also be a great mismatch.

I was just discussing this game with my dad. He obviously wants to win but prefers an entertaining game, so not a blowout.

I opined that I will get plenty of entertainment from Arizona, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan State. We need to absolutely embarrass Mizzou.
After the debacle I watched in person last season, this x100000000000000

I was just discussing this game with my dad. He obviously wants to win but prefers an entertaining game, so not a blowout.

I opined that I will get plenty of entertainment from Arizona, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan State. We need to absolutely embarrass Mizzou.

Embarrassing Mizzou would be most entertaining. (y)

altenberger22

South Carolina
*Assuming there is a season*

I’d like to finish top 2 in regular season conference (Unless it’s Iowa at #1)
Make the BTT championship game, win or lose
And make the sweet 16 in the big dance

Anything remotely along those lines would be good enough for me, even if we have the ability to achieve more than that.
Expectations in the locker room should be 1st, 1st and Final 4. But I think you nailed it!

altenberger22

South Carolina
Based on ACC-B1G rankings and who is due for a home/road game, Illini most likely playing at Duke....
I'll speculate, (while ignoring who's due for a HOME vs. AWAY game):
1. Duke vs. IOWA
2. UVA vs. WISC
3. UNC vs. ILLINI
4. SYR vs. MSU

Big 10 should win this year's challenge

altenberger22

South Carolina
Based on ACC-B1G rankings and who is due for a home/road game, Illini most likely playing at Duke....
This is the matchup I most want to see! Those old ILL vs. Duke games were classics. Average point differential "all time" is Duke by 2 pts......over a span of 7 games (Dukies lead the series 5-2).

Supposedly he's got an offensive skill set to play the 3 with a good outside shot and the ability to slash to the hoop. If he's got the quickness to defend an opposing 3 he'd also be a great mismatch.
With Underwood's hyperbole, I don't think there is a chance that BBV can play the 3. I am guessing that the kid views himself as more of a 3/4 so Underwood hyped him up as that. He can have the skills of a 3, but in today's game, a player his size with the skills of a 3, is a 4...or stretch 5 in college.

Am I the only one who has noticed that Illinois has a better season when they lose the Braggin Rights game? The same thing happened with Groce in his first season. Lost the game but went to NCAA tournament. The same thing would have happened with Underwood had the season not ended early.
That can definitely spark a fire but I would be VERY disappointed to see THIS squad lose to Mizzery.....

altgeld88

Arlington, Virginia
Am I the only one who has noticed that Illinois has a better season when they lose the Braggin Rights game? The same thing happened with Groce in his first season. Lost the game but went to NCAA tournament. The same thing would have happened with Underwood had the season not ended early.
I'd rather return to the days when no such correlation existed: Lou spanked Norm Stewart annually, to the point at which Norm wanted to terminate the "tradition," and we both beat Miznoz and had a bang-up BT season.

Govoner Vaugn Fan

New Orleans

I would find a blowout vs Mizzou very entertaining.

Living now in Springfield, MO., it seems most Mizzou fans around here are somewhat bored with Mizzou hoops lately....and a bit more enthusiastic to see Mizzou football compete for a SEC East title. The season would be very disappointing sans a Mizzou win for the Illini. A high probability we won't see either team perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.