Illini Basketball 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacomallini

Washington State
Are you saying we won't see much of Adam Miller this year? If so why not? Great player, excellent shot, and good free throw shooter, am I wrong?
Original post confused names Alan with Adam, that's all. All agree that Adam Miller will get plenty of tick this year.

I won't pretend to have memorized every play of every game, but Ayo certainly had the ball in his hands on a large number of trips up the court, or initiating the offense. And when it mattered, it seems to me that Ayo was where the ball resided. Certainly from a usage measure, Ayo was more than 50% higher than Trent.

I won't dispute that Trent did a share of primary ball handling, but I'm skeptical of the characterization that Trent was the primary ball handler, or that we'll just pull touches from Ayo/Trent and give them to AC. Not saying I'm right, or can't be convinced, but that's my sense of it, and it makes me wonder how we'll utilize them optimally.

Yeah, I'd say Trent was the pg in that he brought the ball up a lot in non-fastbreak situations, but Ayo was always the main playmaker for the team. The coaches just worked to get him receiving the ball while he was already on the move headed into the ball screen (usually from Kofi). It allowed Ayo to be less static and got the help defenders moving so he could attack the rim, look for the lob or kick out to open shooters. And to Ayo's credit he got better and better at making the right choice on those plays as the year went on.

So can we expect a shortened schedule since November 25th is later than usual? Maybe fewer conference games? Also, when do you all think we'll get a full schedule obviously things are out of the norm this year.

OK...so what is an MTE? Assume it is a tourney but what does the anagram stand for?

The B1G should keep it simple this year. No non con games. 25 game conference schedule. Play every team twice except for 1. This is the best conference in the country and almost every game is exciting. Let them duke it out.

Can anyone give a little more definition to the practice hours and rules. I.e. are the time limits for coaches time only? Players have any individual limits on no. of players or time on the court? If coaches aren’t present can they play five on five? Would think it is an advantage to have a mature team and an assistant walk on coach.

The B1G should keep it simple this year. No non con games. 25 game conference schedule. Play every team twice except for 1. This is the best conference in the country and almost every game is exciting. Let them duke it out.

I would prefer to play 5 non-con games and our regular 20 game conference schedule. Those 5 non-con games will hopefully be mostly wins and will "prove" that the B10 is better than the ACC/SEC/B12/BE/P12 this year and make our 20 game conference schedule that much stronger for everyone. This is how you get 8-10 teams into the NCAA tournament.

Can anyone give a little more definition to the practice hours and rules. I.e. are the time limits for coaches time only? Players have any individual limits on no. of players or time on the court? If coaches aren’t present can they play five on five? Would think it is an advantage to have a mature team and an assistant walk on coach.

99% sure that the team can "practice" at a facility that is open to the rest of the student body such as the ARC (IMPE) or CERC (WIMPY) as long as the coaching staff is not present. They could literally run the exact same drills the coaching staff ran them through during their last on-court workouts or play a full 5-on-5 pickup game that just happens to be their entire team.

99% sure that the team can "practice" at a facility that is open to the rest of the student body such as the ARC (IMPE) or CERC (WIMPY) as long as the coaching staff is not present. They could literally run the exact same drills the coaching staff ran them through during their last on-court workouts or play a full 5-on-5 pickup game that just happens to be their entire team.
Seems to me they could have a pretty solid schedule with intrasquad games. Lots of experienced players to teach the rookies and enough depth to make the games competitive. Lots of variations of team makeups to keep it interesting.

I think you have to have a semi cupcake or two to get more players involved. The depth of this team is going to carry us and I am not sure how deep BU will take the bench if every game is a nail biter. I know it may hurt our “strength of schedule” a little, but, every game in the conference play will be strong, so those wins will make up for it.. or so I hope.

I think you have to have a semi cupcake or two to get more players involved. The depth of this team is going to carry us and I am not sure how deep BU will take the bench if every game is a nail biter. I know it may hurt our “strength of schedule” a little, but, every game in the conference play will be strong, so those wins will make up for it.. or so I hope.

id rather play Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Missouri, and Arizona/Oregon play with the best to be the best. Plus if we win it should help recruiting

Agree, but beating Mizzou be great. Have laid an egg two years in a row, last year we had the better team. Maybe allow for one regional rivalry game.

Tyler Underwood???

Status
Not open for further replies.