Illini Basketball 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where this goes but, it seems like I was wrong a while back about a basketball tournament being held in Asheville, NC. Harrahs Cherokee Center is the building that use to be named US Cellular and they are looking to hold the Maui Invitational there this year. Harrahs Cherokee Resort is indeed in Cherokee, NC but, the basketball will be played about 50 miles away in Asheville.

Talked to Jalen Coleman-Lands (Jcole) today for a little on the phone...

He is REALLY looking forward to the opportunity to play us this year potentially in the Emeralds Classic!

Would be a really entertaining game to watch and a fun trip down memory lane.. (not to mention THT vibes would be in there 😆) crazy times! Would be kool if it were to happen 🤞🏼🤘🏽🔥

sacraig

The desert
Talked to Jalen Coleman-Lands (Jcole) today for a little on the phone...

He is REALLY looking forward to the opportunity to play us this year potentially in the Emeralds Classic!

Would be a really entertaining game to watch and a fun trip down memory lane.. (not to mention THT vibes would be in there 😆) crazy times! Would be kool if it were to happen 🤞🏼🤘🏽🔥

No offense to the kid, but I hope we play them, beat them by about 40, and JCL scores no points.

No offense to the kid, but I hope we play them, beat them by about 40, and JCL scores no points.
Actually, I hope we beat them by 40 and he can score all of their points, thereby showing him just how bad his choice was.

sacraig

The desert
Actually, I hope we beat them by 40 and he can score all of their points, thereby showing him just how bad his choice was.

Hmm. But that also illustrates that we could really use him, and I'd rather the outcome be that it worked out for the best for us on all counts.

sacraig

The desert
I have no ill-will for JCL. He wasn't happy at Illinois. An unhappy player is not going to help themselves or the team. I wish him the best.

I don't necessarily have any ill will toward him either, but I also don't want there to be any lingering doubt about the better team.

I have no ill-will for JCL. He wasn't happy at Illinois.

This isn’t true. Jcole loved it here! He was happy here!! This was HOME!!!!

Things changed when Underwood got hired, somewhere shortly after that when meetings and practices started... it got Toxic 💫

This isn’t true. Jcole loved it here! He was happy here!! This was HOME!!!!

Things changed when Underwood got hired, somewhere shortly after that when meetings and practices started... it got Toxic 💫
Which means he wasn't happy. I don't have the pulse on how the team feels. Is it still toxic? Are players wanting to leave?

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
The soft ones have already left
source.gif

JCL did have terrible ball handling & slashing skills for a guard. Maybe BU scared him off with player roles and expectations.

It was absolutely the best for the Illini that he left -- which guard would like to leave off our current roster?? We're stacked for the present and future there.

JCL not a big fan of effort and accountability or what?
It is not like many on here have never met a personality that you simply clash with or, don't like for no particular reason. This happens in athletics far more than people are willing to accept. It doesn't mean that the athlete is soft.

Let's give a lot of credit to Underwood for changing his coaching style after the first 2 years. Plus winning cures a lot of ills.
Absolutely and that he also was able to convince Trent and Giorgi To accept much smaller scoring roles. He adapted to the talent with the addition of Kofi as well as to the BIG competition. Anxious to see with he does with this next set of talent. Don’t think Iowa or Whisky have a talent advantage and he was 2 and 1 against them last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.