Illini Basketball 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got to like the job Fletch did in this before and after. Nice to have Miller and Curbello, Big Ten ready from the get go.

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 9.43.57 PM.png

Some big bodies on that back row....never before have so many been seen in Illini uniforms...and BVV is not one of them and he is no midget. By the way, BVV is the same size as Jerry Lucas who was 3 time Big Ten Player of the Year, played on the 1960 national championship team and runner-up teams the following two years. Just saying....not comparing.....but BVV is blessed with the size and athleticism and has the opportunity. Hard work and belief in yourself can lead to unbelievable accomplishments one never thought possible....I have seen it up close and personal.

That would be a great litmus test for sure. Shades of the Wake Forest game in 2004.

Not to criticize, but isn't it more like Gonzaga that year, since it's so early and is at a neutral cite? I guess it's a combination of both since Baylor is top 5. Fun times...at least in hoops.

Yes!
It will never be stated enough, or probably really recognized by most of Illini Nation, just how important Trent and DMFW have been to this program rebuild.
To be all in through these last four years, when there was a lot of all out, deserves very special recognition. These guys deserve a special Senior Night.
I hope we send them off with banners in the rafters!

Thank you Trent and 'Monte!

Well said, Sky. Thank you both so, so much! "Monte representing Peoria and Manual High. Well done keeping that tradition at Illinois going and passing the baton to Adam Miller, even though he only played one year in Peoria.

sacraig

The desert
Yes!
It will never be stated enough, or probably really recognized by most of Illini Nation, just how important Trent and DMFW have been to this program rebuild.
To be all in through these last four years, when there was a lot of all out, deserves very special recognition. These guys deserve a special Senior Night.
I hope we send them off with banners in the rafters!

Thank you Trent and 'Monte!

I don't know. They get discussed so frequently in exactly this context on here that I have to imagine more people recognize their worth than you assume.

Within 5-6 weeks a typical nc2a season would be scheduled to begin....any indications of when a schedule will be released and when the 20-21 season will begin??

BMoreIllini

Baltimore, MD
Within 5-6 weeks a typical nc2a season would be scheduled to begin....any indications of when a schedule will be released and when the 20-21 season will begin??
First of all, who writes NCAA as NC2A? It's easier to type NCAA lol. Second, the NCAA season is scheduled to start Wednesday, November 25th. Things of course could change between now and then.

First of all, who writes NCAA as NC2A? It's easier to type NCAA lol. Second, the NCAA season is scheduled to start Wednesday, November 25th. Things of course could change between now and then.

Thanks for the information and the tip on how to write....what about a schedule??....any info or tips there???? :cool:

ILLINI76

Springfiled, IL.
Schedule is just a rumor.

Nov.25-27 3 games at home in MTE
Dec. 2 Baylor in Orlando
Dec. 8-9 Big Ten/ ACC game

All is rumored right now.

ILLINI76

Springfiled, IL.
I hope we pick another game up in Orlando. They are playing from Nov 25 to Dec 6.

Thanks for the information and the tip on how to write....what about a schedule??....any info or tips there???? :cool:

Amen. We are all on the same team here, let’s focus on our favorite sports teams and not chastising people for grammar and autocorrect at every opportunity. Go Illini!

Wichita State is doing an internal investigation of Gregg Marshall. " The scope of the investigation is wide-ranging but primarily centers on how he treats his players, with alleged physical abuse among the several alarming accounts involved in the report."

Didn't know where to post it, this thread seemed near enough.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...igation-into-conduct-of-coach-gregg-marshall/
Definitely an interesting investigation, externally that culture seemed ideal and they were the poster child for midmajors for the past decade. Disappointing it obviously wasn't what it seemed (though his demeanor on the sidelines might have indicated such, but glass houses...).

Status
Not open for further replies.