College basketball season begins Wed., Nov. 25th

Official schedule so far
Wed, Nov 25: North Carolina A&T
Thu, Nov 26: Wright State
Fri, Nov 27: Ohio
Wed, Dec 2: Baylor in Jimmy V Classic, Indianapolis, 9:00pm CT, ESPN
Tue, Dec 8: at Duke in ACC/Big Ten Challenge
Sat, Dec 12: at Missouri

1 non-conference game and B1G schedule remaining to be announced.

Roster
Ayo Dosunmu
Trent Frazier
Andre Curbelo
Adam Miller
Jacob Grandison
Coleman Hawkins
Benjamin Bosmans-Verdonk
Giorgi Bezhanishvili
Da'Monte Williams
Austin Hutcherson
Jermaine Hamlin
Brandon Lieb
Kofi Cockburn

Last edited:
Let the games begin!
And please continue until the Illini are champions of the NCAA!
Or at least B10 Champion.

Has anyone heard anything on Austin Hutcherson? Is his back ok? And if so how has him and Granderson looked in open gyms / practices. Thanks in advance.

illini80

Forgottonia
Has anyone heard anything on Austin Hutcherson? Is his back ok? And if so how has him and Granderson looked in open gyms / practices. Thanks in advance.
I think it’s likely Hutch is hampered all year with his back. I hope we get to see him at some point but expect they won’t push it. I don’t know the extent of his issues but it’s been going on for some time now.

I think it’s likely Hutch is hampered all year with his back. I hope we get to see him at some point but expect they won’t push it. I don’t know the extent of his issues but it’s been going on for some time now.

Yea, back issues aren't typically something you miraculously recover from. I'd imagine he'll be out for at least a good chunk of the season.

Guess what I’m wondering he was off all last year and had back problems, not sure they will ever be able to depend on him. Being our best outside shooter if true that will suck.

illini80

Forgottonia
Guess what I’m wondering he was off all last year and had back problems, not sure they will ever be able to depend on him. Being our best outside shooter if true that will suck.
While I have no specific reason to doubt him, let's face it; We've heard that a number of times before over the years.

Whitmans Sampler

Eastern Iowa
Yea, back issues aren't typically something you miraculously recover from. I'd imagine he'll be out for at least a good chunk of the season.
Boy, if Ayo hadn’t decided to return for this season I’d be getting a bit nervous about our wings.

IbleedOandB2014

In BU we trust
Chattanooga
Maybe medical redshirt hutch? And then he could be ready to go next year when ayo is gone

Maybe medical redshirt hutch? And then he could be ready to go next year when ayo is gone

This is our year. If he can contribute, we want him on the roster. If he truly can't play, then a medical redshirt would be a nice consolation prize.

Really would question any future with his back as an on going problem. Love to be wrong and no medical background but would seem to be a permanent problem.

Really would question any future with his back as an on going problem. Love to be wrong and no medical background but would seem to be a permanent problem.
Hasn't the back been an issue going back to high school? He has been productive nonetheless. Maybe he'll still contribute for us this year.

IlliniwekKDR

Colorado Springs, CO
Eh, it's really hard to say. I treat people with back pain every day. Everyone can vary so wildly when it comes to back pain, how to approach it, prognosis, and proper treatment. If you push all the right buttons, people can bounce back very quickly. If you don't, then yea it'll linger.

So without knowing a thing about his medical history, I wouldn't want to make a projection

Well, I can keep seeing quotes about Coleman Hawkins, name is dropped about who will surprise this year. I don’t think much changed as far as Hawkins, but I am speculating their might be issues as far as health for others, especially BBV or Hutcherson since those were mentioned.

Hasn't the back been an issue going back to high school? He has been productive nonetheless. Maybe he'll still contribute for us this year.
News-Gazette

"Hutcherson was in a car accident in the fall before his sophomore season with the Raiders. The other driver ran a red light. Hutcherson ended up with two herniated discs in his back. He wasn’t 100 percent healthy until the midway point of his junior year."

I have seen this a few times. Does this mean that DMFW and Trent can come back for an additional year if we offer them to do so?
Same. I keep wondering about this. It doesn't sound like it is a "maybe or possibility, depending on what happens." They literally just get to play this year and play again next year? ALL seniors?

That makes no sense.

Same. I keep wondering about this. It doesn't sound like it is a "maybe or possibility, depending on what happens." They literally just get to play this year and play again next year? ALL seniors?

That makes no sense.

It's the NCAA....is it suppose to make sense????

skyIdub

Winged Warrior

That makes no sense.

I think it's because they knew (know) we aren't out of the woods yet and cancellations are still going to happen when teams have positive tests. This takes the wondering or worrying out of it and allows them to just play. Not to mention no fans or limited fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.