Illini basketball ticket sales & deals

I think one of the other things that frustrates me about the empty seats is that the LOUDEST and BEST of the non-student fans are wayyy up in higher section C! Maybe it's just me that's always loud :)o), but whenever I have tickets up in, say, Row 15 of C-Section, everyone around me are making lots of noises, being critical about plays, and really observing the game well. It's frustrating that A-section seats are empty, but IMO it's even MORE frustrating that the fans who would fill out those lower seats so well are up in C! Not all Illini fans are "privileged" enough to have tix down low, and those less-privileged fans seem to always be some of the loudest and best ones at the Hall. Including me! :)

I wasn't implying they would revoke tickets or force long time season ticket holders into worse seats. I was thinking more along the lines of a ticket exchange. It seems to me there's an open group of seats right behind our bench/ the scorer's table every game. The ticket office has to know who's seats they are. Since it's gotta be a big time booster who's donated serious time and money of the years there's need to piss them off. Simply contact them and let them know that they really want the seats to be filled on a nightly basis and if they will not be using them the Athletic Dept can arrange for them to used.
I brought up the same point on the scout board. The DIA is throwing up their arms saying there is nothing that can be done about this. Why??! It has been downright embarrassing to see the same empty seats in the bottom two rows of A section the last 3 years on TV. Contact them and see if they will donate them to charity at the very least if they aren't using them

I bought mine a couple of days ago. Haven't been to a game in about 15 years, so I'm really looking forward to it. Go Illini!

I have to imagine the Indiana game is a hard sell being on a Thursday night... if I lived closer to Champaign, I would go, but I can't afford the late night driving, and then having to be at work the next day.

Illini AD Mike Thomas on WDWS this morning.

* The Auburn game at the United Center has sold 11,000 tickets. Sounds like sales have accelerated in the past few weeks.

Illini Basketball Is Hot, But Ticket Sales Are Not
Everything I've seen indicates Illini basketball tickets sales are indeed brisk. Hot, if you will.

The Jan 5th Ohio State game is about to sellout. The Feb 7th Indiana game will sellout soon.

Illinois basketball will have (at least) 2 home games sell out by December. When you contrast that to one single solitary sellout all last season, I do believe it's fair to say that ticket sales are outstanding.

Throw in the fact that Braggin' Rights sold out (boom!) just like that, 2,400 Mini-Packs were sold last week, and there's more activity in the Ticket Forum since the 2008 Rose Bowl, I'd say the ticket interest level in Illini hoops is the strongest since the 2006 season.

But that number still falls well short of the 16,618 that the arena can hold – and which it used to hold regularly.
The last time Illinois sold out all home games in a season was 2008. There's been 4 full seasons since then :noidea:

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Stanford, CA
Everything I've seen indicates Illini basketball tickets sales are indeed brisk. Hot, if you will.

The Jan 5th Ohio State game is about to sellout. The Feb 7th Indiana game will sellout soon.

Illinois basketball will have (at least) 2 home games sell out by December. When you contrast that to one single solitary sellout all last season, I do believe it's fair to say that ticket sales are outstanding.

Throw in the fact that Braggin' Rights sold out (boom!) just like that, 2,400 Mini-Packs were sold last week, and there's more activity in the Ticket Forum since the 2008 Rose Bowl, I'd say the ticket interest level in Illini hoops is the strongest since the 2006 season.

The last time Illinois sold out all home games in a season was 2008. There's been 4 full seasons since then :noidea:
I don't recall the last time I read a positive article from Wisch. Granted, there weren't many positive articles from anyone during football season, but the point remains.

Any1 know the face value for Auburn tix?

Looking for 2 tix for the IL/Auburn game in the 100 level.

Last edited by a moderator:
So when you say "the Bragging Rights game sold out," does that mean the allotted Illinois sections sold out, or the entire stadium sold out? Seems like it's always been divided Illinois fans on one half, Mizzou fans on the other. Did the entire stadium sell out?

So when you say "the Bragging Rights game sold out," does that mean the allotted Illinois sections sold out, or the entire stadium sold out? Seems like it's always been divided Illinois fans on one half, Mizzou fans on the other. Did the entire stadium sell out?
Entire stadium is sold out. Tickets on stubhub, ticketsnow, etc are going for $100+ a ticket

mini-pack readjustment

So if you bought the mini-pack before today do you still get the Michigan game or would they be switched to the Wisconsin one?

Western Suburbs

* The Auburn game at the United Center has sold 11,000 tickets. Sounds like sales have accelerated in the past few weeks.
Any idea how many tickets Illinois was alloted for this game?

So if you bought the mini-pack before today do you still get the Michigan game or would they be switched to the Wisconsin one?
I'm sure that if you bought the pack with Michigan included then you will get tickets for that game. It's only if you buy it now that you would have Wisconsin included.

I bought the Wisconsin package so I could take a friend of mine who is a Wisconsin alum. I will be driving down from the Northern suburbs for that game and the two weekday games, so there really is no excuse for anyone relatively close to Champaign not gobbling up these tickets to give support for our ranked team. I get tired of people complaining about bad team performance being a reason for low attendance. This team is playing way beyond expectations and deserves our support. Besides, you won't find a better deal anywhere. With handling charges, the cost is basically $17 a ticket. I share season tickets for Northwestern games with a friend so I can always be assured of seeing the Illini in Evanston. For Northwestern season ticket holders, the tickets for conference games are $18 a ticket. However, for single game tickets, the price jumps up to around $27-$30, so honestly this is a pretty good deal that the Illini ticket office is offering.

Make that 11,005. If they beat Mizzou things should pick up next week. Last year was just awful - the crowd, the performance, everything.

Having been there when the place is packed and the crowd is into it, I really hope we're headed back in that direction.

Make that 11,005. If they beat Mizzou things should pick up next week. Last year was just awful - the crowd, the performance, everything.

Having been there when the place is packed and the crowd is into it, I really hope we're headed back in that direction.
Let's get a win at the UC this year (actually, lets get several, as the BTT returns there this March). I am getting very tired of walking out of there after a loss. Unless I am mistaken, we have lost 4 of our last 5 December games at the UC, including that embarrassing loss to UIC two years ago.

I just went to fightingillini.com, I was unable to purchase a pair of tickets for either the Jan 5 Ohio State game & Jan 27 Michigan game. There were singles available for both those games though.

We have a Big Ten Mini-Pack adjustment!

Michigan about to sellout. So the mini-pack is now: Northwestern + Minnesota + Wisconsin = $49
That is still a great set of games !!
NU is hopefully not a good game.
but Minny and Wiscy are usually very good.
Thinking that Minny will be even better than usual this year and maybe Wiscy will be a little bit off, which I would not mind. need to beat Bo senseless anyway. Go Illini !!