Illini Coaching Staff

#1,477      

davesworld

Athens
I have it from an iron-clad source that we have offered both coaches the opportunity to prove themselves; whomever brings in a committed recruit first to the Illini without actually, officially being hired by the Illini, gets the role of 3rd assistant, and the other may or may not be brought on in a "support staff" position.

Take it for what its worth, but my source has never lead my astray!

:thumb::chief:
Wouldn't that be something if we somehow managed to get both

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

#1,483      

Deleted member 8213

D
Win with Chin

AR-140519952.jpg

#1,486      

illinifan87

The Windy City
Well, the Irvin's should have ZERO complaints now. Chicago guy, Mac Irvin guy.

Don't know enough about Coleman to have an opinion but I trust Underwood.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

#1,488      
Ppl have mentioned '17 recruits associated with Chuck Martin, but any '17 recruits associated with Coleman? Suppose recruiting at UIC different than IU.

#1,490      
I think at the beginning of the Assistant coaching search most would have taken a staff of Walker, Antigua and Coleman staff and been thrilled.

I would give it an A. Way more than I expected

#1,491      
Ppl have mentioned '17 recruits associated with Chuck Martin, but any '17 recruits associated with Coleman? Suppose recruiting at UIC different than IU.

no 2017s that I'm aware of...

but a big 2018 recruit in Ayo Dosunmu

#1,493      

sacraig

The desert
I am totally okay with it. We have a "St. Louis guy" who seems to be at worst a decent recruiter, a "Chicago guy" that I don't know much about but ought to at least require the Irvins to stop complaining, and a prolific national recruiter to add to Underwood's coaching chops.

I'll take it and keep sipping my Kool-Aid.

#1,494      
not sure if this is a WOW or not but, if it doesn't make the Chi-town coaches happy not sure what will

Last edited:
#1,495      
I am totally okay with it. We have a "St. Louis guy" who seems to be at worst a decent recruiter, a "Chicago guy" that I don't know much about but ought to at least require the Irvins to stop complaining, and a prolific national recruiter to add to Underwood's coaching chops.

A very "connected" Chicago guy with guns. A perfect fit.

#1,496      

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
Clearly wasn't the no. 1 guy on BU's list, but we likely didn't have the money left in the pool to land Chuck Martin. Coleman will be a very capable third assistant on the recruiting trail.

#1,497      

foby

Bonnaroo Land

And add to that an experienced guy in the wings who knows the system front, back and sideways. Some will moan, but I see nothing but wins.

#1,498      
Clearly wasn't the no. 1 guy on BU's list, but we likely didn't have the money left in the pool to land Chuck Martin. Coleman will be a very capable third assistant on the recruiting trail.

How do we know he's a quality recruiter? Are we just assuming he'll succeed based on Chicago ties, or has he landed Bradley/UIC better recruits than they normally get?