Illini Football 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Beason starts, IMO. That type of speed is elite.

Put it this way, all through the Lovie era we've given huge roles in the defensive backfield to raw true freshmen with MUCH less physical talent to cover for their mistakes than Beason has.

If Beason doesn't start, it's great news, because that means the more experienced guys in front of him are so assignment-sound they can't be on the sidelines.

I firmly believe that what is going on within the N CAA is an absolute travesty the fact that Tate Martell can get a waiver to transfer and play immediately because he is not capable of winning the starting job and many others were able to obtain waivers to leave the school that they signed up and committed to because they weren't good enough to win the starting job and are allowed to play, here we have a young man whose dream and grandfather's dream is to see him play, grandfather is terminally ill so Luke decides to transfer back to his home state to the University of Illinois simply so his family and his grandfather can watch him play, and the N CAA has still not given a waiver or decided on the waiver I believe this shows how crooked and how flawed the N CAA truly is... what I can say is we wish nothing but the best for Luke we hope and pray that he is immediately eligible not just for our sake not just for the teams sake but for his sake and his grandfather's sake the N CAA needs to stop playing games and need to allow Luke immediate eligibility.. I believe this is going to turn into a really big issue if for some ungodly reason they deny him immediate eligibility as I said earlier the way the N CAA is operating currently is an absolute travesty to horrible display of professionalism and if you're going to Grant kids waivers for immediate eligibility for another school after signing a contract to play with the school they want to transfer from simply because they weren't good enough to win the starting job and not allow a young man who wants to come play at home so his dying grandfather can see him play is absurd ridiculous and I repeat a travesty
#endthetravesty
#freelukeford
#nevergiveup
#salutetoluke

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
in this day and age, where just about everyone and anyone can transfer as an undergrad and play right away, that if Luke Ford gets denied, its just PROOF POSITIVE that the NCAA has a secret agenda, that is passed on down thru the ages, to eff us over every chance they get. There can be no other explanation.

I've seen this movie so many times, I don't know if I will cry or laff when the bad news comes down.

Its our Ground Hog Day

Deleted member 746167

D
How solid is your source? From the sounds of it, he would practically have to be guaranteed a starting job wherever he goes. What if Williams shows up and lights it up? Good problem to have but we need to keep a few of our backups...

Beason starts, IMO. That type of speed is elite.

To be clear, I was saying that Beason would start--at NB. Lovie likes his nickelbacks a lot and while some formations do not include that position, many do. I see Beason as the #3 corner this season, which is also essentially a starting position. Being the #1 NB and #3 CB would mean a starter's helping of snaps for him.

TL;DR: we didn't disagree to begin with

This doesn’t look the same. He moved from a school that is 1 hour away to a school that is two hours away from his hometown
I think you got it backwards. VT is half the distance. Obviously 200 vs 100 miles is not the same as GA vs IL, but if they granted this kid a waiver Luke Ford's case would be a slam dunk.

Oh, i thought it said his hometown was in North Carolina. My bad. Not sure why my post disappeared.
His hometown is in North Carolina, but Virginia Tech is closer than Coastal Carolina, which is in South Carolina.

New story posted on Illini inquirer about NCAA denying waiver for immediate eligibility of a player who transferred to va tech. He wanted to play closer to home to play in front of family with health issues. Sounds similar to Ford
NCAA Transfer Waiver Denied for OL Brock Hoffman
A few points I read elsewhere. Two reasons were cited for denying the exception: the distance was 5 miles over the allowed radius (Ford is 90 miles over) and his mother's health is improving and not debilitating and requiring ongoing medical care (I have no idea about Ford's grandparents, and whether they would count as immediate family). And another key point: he did not hire an attorney. Interestingly, there is thought that he could have tried for a waiver due to a coaching change, as Tate Martell did, and gotten that instead of a family medical hardship waiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.