Nov. 9_____at Michigan State_________
Nov. 16____BYE
Nov. 23____at Iowa___________________
Nov. 30____Northwestern______________

All times CT

Last edited:

illinipioneer

Richmond, VA
Bowl game or bust! We have what should 4 certain wins (non conf and Rutgers). Can our defense improve enough to snag two more?

Win two out of Minny, Purdue, and NW.... is my guess if we can get to 6 wins. Don't foresee us beating anyone else

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Guessing Illinois is 5-5 going into the final bye.

Aug. 31____Akron - W
Sept. 7____at UConn - W
Sept. 14___Eastern Michigan - W
Sept. 21___Nebraska - L
Sept. 28___BYE
Oct. 5_____at Minnesota - W
Oct. 12____Michigan - L
Oct. 19____Wisconsin (Homecoming) - W
Oct. 26____at Purdue - W
Nov. 2_____Rutgers (Dads Day) - W
Nov. 9_____at Michigan State - W
Nov. 16____BYE
Nov. 23____at Iowa - L
Nov. 30____Northwestern - W

This is the year.

Aug. 31____Akron - W
Sept. 7____at UConn - W
Sept. 21___Nebraska - L
Sept. 28___BYE
Oct. 12____Michigan - L
Oct. 19____Wisconsin (Homecoming) - L
Oct. 26____at Purdue - L
Nov. 9_____at Michigan State - L
Nov. 16____BYE
Nov. 23____at Iowa - L

I think the season hinges on Purdue, Minnesota, northwestern. Could be 3 wins. Could be 3 losses.

Aug. 31____Akron - W
Sept. 7____at UConn - W
Sept. 21___Nebraska - L
Sept. 28___BYE
Oct. 12____Michigan - L
Oct. 19____Wisconsin (Homecoming) - L
Oct. 26____at Purdue - L
Nov. 9_____at Michigan State - L
Nov. 16____BYE
Nov. 23____at Iowa - L

I think the season hinges on Purdue, Minnesota, northwestern. Could be 3 wins. Could be 3 losses.

I think the Nebraska game is interesting as well. We handed them the game this year with special teams fumbles.

We are a 5 to 8 win team this season
I think the Nebraska game is interesting as well. We handed them the game this year with special teams fumbles.

I agree. I think winning against Nebraska would set off a much greater season than expected. This would put us at 4-0 heading into the bye week. Then likely a win against Minnesota with an extra week of prep. this would immediately recalibrate expectations.

TheAngryBavarian

Charleston/Collinsville
Aug. 31____Akron W
Sept. 7____at UConn W
Sept. 14___Eastern Michigan W
Sept. 21___Nebraska L
Sept. 28___BYE
Oct. 5_____at Minnesota W
Oct. 12____Michigan L
Oct. 19____Wisconsin (Homecoming) L
Oct. 26____at Purdue L
Nov. 2_____Rutgers (Dads Day) W
Nov. 9_____at Michigan State L
Nov. 16____BYE
Nov. 23____at Iowa L
Nov. 30____Northwestern W

Quick Lane Bowl here we come.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
I would love to see Northwestern and Illinois heading into that last game with a bowl berth hinging on a win for both teams and Illinois just wipe the floor with the Kits. This would then start Illinois dominant decade atop the B1G West.

This is insane we can’t figure this stuff out. That makes both AD Miller and likely Dru Mathis from this cycle who we lose out on due to admissions. One is a Big 12 university graduate and the other supposedly came out of juco with 4.0 gpa.

Not even arguing about their specific classes or how great or not of students they may be.... how can we not get these kids in with those quals? We have 50,000 dang students - no reason we can’t find something that works for these guys

Deleted member 652751

D
This is insane we can’t figure this stuff out. That makes both AD Miller and likely Dru Mathis from this cycle who we lose out on due to admissions. One is a Big 12 university graduate and the other supposedly came out of juco with 4.0 gpa.

Not even arguing about their specific classes or how great or not of students they may be.... how can we not get these kids in with those quals? We have 50,000 dang students - no reason we can’t find something that works for these guys
Our Admin wants to act like we are the Harvard of the Midwest. Total joke. And I am an alum with one child grad and an undergrad student in Champaign. THIS is the main reason our revenue athletics suck at the moment and have for the last decade plus - no commitment from leadership. And spare me the Northwesterns, Stanford’s, etc get it done argument. Now Michigan, there is the example to follow. They get it. Sadly, U Of I leadership is just another result of the total dysfunction of the entire state. BOT you are responsible! SMDH

Status
Not open for further replies.