Illini Football 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
I think everyone needs to disassociate TE with Luke Ford...he wont have his hand in the ground he will be split out wide or in the slot.

Wait, as in he will not play TE? Or rarely play TE? Not sure I see that as wise. I LOVE the idea of him doing some mix of 75% traditional TE set, 25% split out wide.

Deleted member 654622

D
Wait, as in he will not play TE? Or rarely play TE? Not sure I see that as wise. I LOVE the idea of him doing some mix of 75% traditional TE set, 25% split out wide.
I would think he would be in motion a lot and be in the slot. But the guy is a real good blocker as well, I see them utilizing that.

How you going to have a traditional tight end set when the offense doesn’t use tight ends? Might see a tiny bit of TE sets. Dude is a really good pass catcher...Rod will figure out ways to get him the back just doubt it’s out of traditions TE looks.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
How you going to have a traditional tight end set when the offense doesn’t use tight ends? Might see a tiny bit of TE sets. Dude is a really good pass catcher...Rod will figure out ways to get him the back just doubt it’s out of traditions TE looks.

Agree that they don't use a traditional TE set often, more speaking to the H back set up they are traditionally using for their TEs.

Ford wasnt going to start for UGA. Dont make stuff up. He was 4th string last year and 2 guys ahead of him return. He also wasnt a 5* on any recruiting service. 4* everywhere.

Yes, he's talented, and I'm guessing he'll be pretty good here. But Dorsey had a great freshman year (with atrocious QB play) and will be in the NFL if he gets his head on straight.

So If Ford outproduces Dorsey, that'd be awesome

Yeah, I got your PM, thanks for the correction! You note that Ford was rated #51 overall, which is a 4*.....#50 would be a 5*, so yeah, thanks again for the correction!!!!

Um, that TEs are not WRs?

Got me again, mea culpa, I thought it said the receiving core was the same, which is why I listed our new weapon at TE. Didn't the guy that dropped a ton of balls last year transfer? Addition by subtraction to the WR core, plus we hopefully have Edwin Carter back, which would help a ton.

Deleted member 649710

D
Miller was going to be a grad transfer, right? Did he graduate from OU? If he did not, how is that the fault of UI Admissions?

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Miller was going to be a grad transfer, right? Did he graduate from OU? If he did not, how is that the fault of UI Admissions?

Right...I forgot about that. We can’t accept him for a grad program if he doesn’t have his undergrad right?

Rod Smith did not have a complete TE last season and the only one he really threw the ball to was a frosh, who could not block. Hopefully that one adds blocking and the new guy is able to play. TE would then be legit.

Well..either the az quarterback is not coming or one of the best recruits can't get in..which?

There are a fair amount of people here who would rather be "right" than Illinois be successful.

That and not everyone follows closely enough to think it is bad news. It still keeps me with my prediction of 5 wins.

Sawicky

Chicago, IL
I really don't get why someone would want to be so negative in a forum like this, this is supposed to be for "super fans". I get that we need to be real about the team but damn, can we have some more positivity?

Status
Not open for further replies.