Illini Football 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had high hopes for the kid. I thought he could be a big contributor over the next couple years. I wish him the best and hope he figures it out

So was Robinson getting 1st team reps because he earned it over MJ , or did the staff know this transfer was coming?

FT35

Naperville
So was Robinson getting 1st team reps because he earned it over MJ , or did the staff know this transfer was coming?

This is probably similar to Cerny getting reps over Boyd last Spring.

I don't think there was much separation between Robinson and Rivers but there was a reason why Rivers was getting more playing time last season. The staff probably expected this to happen.

Matt Robinson... time to make a name for yourself. At this moment it looks like MSST is in great spot for Stevens. I am a full believer in what IWilliams can do for the program but first snap of the season will be to Robinson. 6 games in it definitely could be a different story if we aren’t 4-2

Very sad news indeed. All the best to MJ.

Grad transfer time for Illinois.

FWIW - in Ann Arbor this weekend for our son’s Ph.D commencement, so of course have tested the waters on how A2 folks view the upcoming season. Normally they are cocky about reaching the Ohio (as they call it) game undefeated. Not so much this year, even playing us. Lot of local disenchantment with Harbaugh.

I really struggle to believe that any single player makes a 4-6 game difference over a 12 game season
Probably a little over exaggerated... really probably more of 1 or 2 either way... still a tough swing... but the kid is an impending force... and will have to be reckoned with come Akron at home..

Yeah, it sounds like it was something along those lines. Disappointing to say the least. Saw a ton of potential in him and given another year of development, thought he could have been really something.
I think it has to do with the staff assuring Tommy Stephen's a starting job this year at Illinois... Tommy is here today for a visit.. not a coincidence.

I think the statement "plus 2 or 3 with and minus 2 or 3 without" could be interpreted as we win 3 more with him and somehow we lose 3 more than we would if he had never been born. Probably should have been left at plus 2 or 3 with him.
I did go back over the post and corrected it.. because it could be interpreted many ways... really what I was thinking or trying to say.. was plus 2 or 3 wins putting us at 6,7.... 8 in a good year possibly... emphasis on possibly.....without him 4,5,6...
With the minus two or three being subtracted from 6,7,8...
I re read it and definitely comes across as a 4 to 6 game swing.... I definitely should have worded it better.. sorry guys...

I did go back over the post and corrected it.. because it could be interpreted many ways... really what I was thinking or trying to say.. was plus 2 or 3 wins putting us at 6,7.... 8 in a good year possibly... emphasis on possibly.....without him 4,5,6...
With the minus two or three being subtracted from 6,7,8...
I re read it and definitely comes across as a 4 to 6 game swing.... I definitely should have worded it better.. sorry guys...
Thanks for that. I actually struggle to think that a TE can be worth that much as well, but do believe there's a debate to be had on that point, especially given our (lack of) offensive prowess.

Deleted member 631370

D
I think it has to do with the staff assuring Tommy Stephen's a starting job this year at Illinois... Tommy is here today for a visit.. not a coincidence.

Man, I'd hope that MJ didn't transfer for that reason. Because there's a really good chance that Tommy ends up at Miss State.

Tommy will probably decide in about a week or so. Why wouldn't MJ wait until then?

If anything, MJ transferring out may give Tommy added incentive to come to Illinois, given that he's facing even less competition for the starting job. But MSU will be tough to beat.

These transfers who are doing so due to academic issues ... don't they realize that their new school just might have their student athletes go to class there as well? I assume they all have offerings for a major in Recreation and Park Administration.

These transfers who are doing so due to academic issues ... don't they realize that their new school just might have their student athletes go to class there as well? I assume they all have offerings for a major in Recreation and Park Administration.

I think we need to cut the kids some slack. When many of us were freshmen, we struggled through a semester or two. And that is without the added difficulty of 80 hours a week toward sports and workouts and the needed rest that comes with it. Many of us know at least one if not more people that dropped out without sports. Illinois is a tough academic institution

Status
Not open for further replies.