Illini Football 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched tape of Fink throwing at the USC player run practice. He was brutal on the long routes, overthrowing just about every time. Other passes he threw high. None of his stuff was on the money. Then there was the interview after the spring game and he was not exactly glib. A few of his answers to softball questions were Nothing comes to mind. Ugh.

Keep in mind, AJ Bush was horrible at throwing at the beginning of the season. By that NW game, I was wishing he wasn't a senior, because he grew tremendously in his throwing abilities. I will trust that Rod Smith was a huge part of that.

It would be very Illinois to hold off taking his commitment in hopes we land Stevens, but then lose out on both.

And even more Illinois if we underestimated Fink influence on other USC transfers and slow playing him results in decommitments from others

I have been reading a lot these few says about illinois and football program... it's almost becoming a general consensus that if illini land a grad transfer at q.b, fink, Stevens, or tate, that they will probably redshirt IW... I do not know if I like that or not... what are you all thinking? I think redshirting a kid who's here to ball and change the culture may be a bad move.. but that's my opinion...

I have been reading a lot these few says about illinois and football program... it's almost becoming a general consensus that if illini land a grad transfer at q.b, fink, Stevens, or tate, that they will probably redshirt IW... I do not know if I like that or not... what are you all thinking? I think redshirting a kid who's here to ball and change the culture may be a bad move.. but that's my opinion...
He wont officially redshirt but if he appears in less that 4 games (which I doubt will happen) then it is considered a redshirt season.

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
9218876.jpeg

So Khalil Tate graduated. Wonder if that's a reason we haven't heard from coaches yet regarding Fink.

Here is the video of Matt Fink overthrowing receivers at a USC practice:
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...att-fink-from-uscs-sixth-player-run-practice/
Here is the interview following the USC spring game:
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/video/usc-qb-matt-fink-interview/
Is it me, or do my eyes detect a little "giddyup" in his throwing motion? Almost "Tebow-esque"? When I compared to a couple of the other QB's in the frames with him, he seemed to be real loop, and more importantly slow in getting rid of the ball. Not compact or efficient . . .

Deleted member 29907

D
Here is the video of Matt Fink overthrowing receivers at a USC practice:
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...att-fink-from-uscs-sixth-player-run-practice/
Here is the interview following the USC spring game:
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/video/usc-qb-matt-fink-interview/
Ok,
#1 Our receivers don't get separation - so if he throws it right to them, its a potential INT - so I like the idea of throwing it where no one can get it ;)
#2 To be fair, some of the throws were through arms and some slow downs of routes - so not all his fault

I was expecting worse. He doesn't throw a bullet though - long windup.

Deleted member 654622

D

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
There were plenty of posters that felt optimistic about Tate transferring if he graduated, regardless of the evidence to the contrary.

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO
Is it me, or do my eyes detect a little "giddyup" in his throwing motion? Almost "Tebow-esque"? When I compared to a couple of the other QB's in the frames with him, he seemed to be real loop, and more importantly slow in getting rid of the ball. Not compact or efficient . . .

All I could think of with that video clip was Uncle Rico.

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
I was thinking the same thing

Whatever happened to just majoring in say :
-Mathematics
-Education
-Finance
-English

Do people in E-society smoke E-cigarettes while conducting E-commerce ?

Jus sayin’

Status
Not open for further replies.