Oct. 19____Wisconsin (Homecoming) - W
Oct. 26____at Purdue - W
Nov. 2_____Rutgers (Dads Day) - W
Nov. 9_____at Michigan State - W
Nov. 16____BYE
Nov. 23____at Iowa - L
Nov. 30____Northwestern - W

This is the year.

To state the importance here, if we look at predictions with rivers at qb, all bowl predictions rely on going 3-0. All we need is someone that can help with that. Lose rivers and Roundtree and the first 3 games are even more important. My guess is Robinson could win the three games. If he gets injured, we need someone. Had Stevens chosen us, our path would have gotten easier. With no one, our path becomes considerably more challenging.

Brandon Peters makes things even more interesting, to me. He adds a new look, making it hard for teams to game plan early in the season. It also let’s I Williams come in a little earlier to run a short playbook. Later in the season if Peters is working, the i will offers a change of pace. If so, it gives him an opportunity to learn and work his way in to the system. Similarly, it offers Williams and Peters opportunities on the field to change pace and playbook.

Ultimately. I think Peters is a great get. But only time will tell.

Peters is going to want some assurance that he's the starter and primary QB for the season. If he thinks for a second that IW will be
taking over (or even running some wildcat packages) early in the season, he's not coming here. That's why he's considering the MAC
schools. We must tread a very fine line if we want him in orange and blue. QB's always say they want to compete for the job, but a
transfer wants a committment.

Peters is going to want some assurance that he's the starter and primary QB for the season. If he thinks for a second that IW will be
taking over (or even running some wildcat packages) early in the season, he's not coming here. That's why he's considering the MAC
schools. We must tread a very fine line if we want him in orange and blue. QB's always say they want to compete for the job, but a
transfer wants a committment.
No one will give a guarantee. But he will have more reps than I will, and he knows the climb I will is about to undertake in learning the playbook, speed of the game, etc. I think any transfer would feel confident in getting reps

No one will give a guarantee. But he will have more reps than I will, and he knows the climb I will is about to undertake in learning the playbook, speed of the game, etc. I think any transfer would feel confident in getting reps

No one will give that guarantee, and teams would be wary of someone who expects to play no matter what.

I think most of it is that these are the kinds of decisions that affext your life for the near future and absolutely shouldn't be rushed.

FT35

Naperville
Because....of course.

Dren1

Glenview, IL
tenor_2.gif

Man if bru McCoy and Chris Steele get there waivers then I will go crazy the make no sense
Steele might have a case. I don't know McCoy's reasons.

Maybe the trick to getting waivers is to not publicize your reasoning which forces the NCAA to follow the letter of the law and doesn't allow any leniency.

What would you expect out of a bureaucracy like the NCAA? Would like to see logic behind decisions on OSU qbs, Mark Smith, etc. But they don't want you to see behind that curtain..they would be exposed

The N CAA has just denied Luke Ford's waiver for a second time his appeal was unsuccessful. I don't understand the thought process or the madness behind this is a travesty

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
One is struck with the sense that there are a very fraught, unhappy few months ahead for Illini football fans.

breadman

Herndon, VA

The NCAA has just created the opportunity for Luke's grandfather to die before the next football season without ever seeing Luke play for the O&B.
How about that potential outrage to happen.
I hope it does not, but then, we are Illinois, after all.

And yet another question that I have not seen an answer for: What exactly is the basis for this 100 mile limitation? It appears to be pretty arbitrary to me. Why not 150, or 200 miles?

Hey! You go NCAA!!

The NCAA has just created the opportunity for Luke's grandfather to die before the next football season without ever seeing Luke play for the O&B.
How about that potential outrage to happen.
I hope it does not, but then, we are Illinois, after all.

And yet another question that I have not seen an answer for: What exactly is the basis for this 100 mile limitation? It appears to be pretty arbitrary to me. Why not 150, or 200 miles?

Hey! You go NCAA!!

The bolded is really infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.