Illini Football 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet another question that I have not seen an answer for: What exactly is the basis for this 100 mile limitation? It appears to be pretty arbitrary to me. Why not 150, or 200 miles?

Hey! You go NCAA!!

It’s all arbitrary and that is the problem. The ncaa sets itself up for favoritism, manipulation, and a system that requires high price lawyers to determine if an 19 year old can play a game at a school. Nothing makes sense

Literally Justin Fields attended the same university, under the staff, with the same 80 teammates, as part of the same class. His situation was deemed bad enough he gets the pass and Luke basically serves a 1 year suspension. I know rumor is Fields played racism / threatening environment (they publicly stated they didn’t) but nothing about that holds weight. If NCAA is concerned enough about Fields to grant a waiver why aren’t they trying to help GA fix whatever problem is still there that Fields had to run from?

Just ridiculous NCAA wants to be in this subjective mess. Needs to be black and white. No waivers. Or everyone gets 1 free pass no questions asked

My respect for the NCAA, which was already close to zero, continues to diminish.
For quite some time now, my "respect" for the NCAA has equaled my "respect" for Adolph Hitler.

If you’re on the lookout for likeminded individuals who also want to bash the ncaa over Luke Ford, feel free to read all the comments here. Fans of all different schools coming down hard. Language not necessarily clean.

If you’re on the lookout for likeminded individuals who also want to bash the ncaa over Luke Ford, feel free to read all the comments here. Fans of all different schools coming down hard. Language not necessarily clean.

Thanks for sharing... there is some major rage there. Love it

Kind of like one of the proposed ideas of Illinois just trotting out Ford anyway. If we aren’t getting to 6 wins just give the finger to the NCAA

Thanks for sharing... there is some major rage there. Love it

Kind of like one of the proposed ideas of Illinois just trotting out Ford anyway. If we aren’t getting to 6 wins just give the finger to the NCAA

Yep. I responded to that one.

NJILLINI

Castle Pines, Colorado
I'm really hoping to see Whitman make use of his law degree with this one and really go after the NCAA.

Don’t think Whitman or Illinois can likely sue due to covenants agreed upon in the NCAA member agreement. It is a “voluntary” membership organization (haha).

Now, the Fords are a different story. Tom Mars? Maybe they should give Bob Auler a call. Dave Wilson versus the Big Ten redux. I really hope they don’t stop here.

Last edited:
Don’t think Whitman or Illinois can likely sue due to covenants agreed upon in the NCAA member agreement. It is a “voluntary” membership organization (haha).

Now, the Fords are a different story. Tom Mars? Maybe they should give Bob Auler a call. Dave Wilson versus the Big Ten redux. I really hope they don’t stop here.
Even my friend Bob Auler (who sadly is no longer with us) would have recognized this as a lost cause.

Last edited:
Does this mean Ford gets another year of eligibility, or does he in effect lose one?

dgcrow

Kelso, WA
Does this mean Ford gets another year of eligibility, or does he in effect lose one?

It is my understanding that he will have three years of eligibility left.

He doesn’t gain anything or lose anything. He has 3 years of eligibility left.

Sucks for Luke, but back to who we could have suited up - I am a full believer in Brandon Peters getting us to 6 wins if he comes here. If there’s one person within Illinois Football I trust it’s Rod Smith. He can make a pro style QB work and Peters has the experience we need this year

Konnie

Western Suburbs
I logged on to my ticket account and I noticed that they are selling football parking starting 6/19. An interesting addition to the football season and a great idea for the game day experience.

Last edited:
Im being told IW is making throws that put our players in a great position to catch the ball. Already looking off DB's and confident in his ability. Arm strength coming along. This will be a great ride.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Im being told IW is making throws that put our players in a great position to catch the ball. Already looking off DB's and confident in his ability. Arm strength coming along. This will be a great ride.

Got me stoked, big time. I want to believe!

Williams' running ability and elusiveness should be outstanding from the jump. If he can pass adequately (well enough to not allow Ds to load the box), we're in good shape.

Last edited:

Deleted member 654622

D
Anyone have any news on the Mich transfer? They way Werner talks about the situation, I am surprised it has not been announced yet

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
I'd be curious how he compares to the other I Will at the same stage. If this one turns out close to as good we'll be in excellent shape.

TwoElevenEastDaniel

Cochrane's-Orchid-Tonic
Anyone have any news on the Mich transfer? They way Werner talks about the situation, I am surprised it has not been announced yet

I don't have any insider information, but there is a chance that this is still very likely to happen but won't be announced until he officially graduates from Michigan. I believe that will be later this month. But I am only spitballing based on what I have read.

TMC999

Not Iowa
most incompetent, corrupt sports organization this side of FIFA and Olympics.
Give them a break. They're too busy shutting down basketball programs who are caught on tape cheating. Oh wait...Arizona is a powerhouse...check that. Now we will see them get a really, really, really stern warning. Meanwhile they deny Luke since he is clearly doing this only to advance his pro career. They're a freaking joke.

I don't have any insider information, but there is a chance that this is still very likely to happen but won't be announced until he officially graduates from Michigan. I believe that will be later this month. But I am only spitballing based on what I have read.
Jemery Werner said the same thing

A look at UMs calendar has their first half summer session ending 6/28. The second half session ends 8/20. So, we might hear something soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.