Illini Football 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is fantastic. I realize it doesn't mean he's cleared to play, but getting back to work is how to get back on the field.
Good luck Mr. Carter!
That sure looked like a nasty injury when it happened. Good to hear that he is working his way back.

breadman

Herndon, VA
I was doing whatever when out of nowhere the clip of Lovie saying "...but we're carrying a much bigger stick, now." flashed in my head. And I smiled.
This is also what I am listening for from Lovie. He has been putting these types of lines in his interviews lately, and we all should be relieved as he had no room to say these things when he first came on board. I believe he is seeing enough good things from his recruits and can now start promoting them through the press.

reopseed60

Naples, Florida
Edwin Carter, you really have showed true grit. Congratulations on your return . The wide receiver situation just got a lot better with a guy like yourself back.
Best of luck, God bless, make 2019 something special.... an (old guy) class of 1960 wishes you well.......

Edwin Carter, you really have showed true grit. Congratulations on your return . The wide receiver situation just got a lot better with a guy like yourself back.
Best of luck, God bless, make 2019 something special.... an (old guy) class of 1960 wishes you well.......
Love the user name

I have no doubt Edwin Carter is crushing his physical rehab. Usually the easiest part of the grind because these guys are used to training and pushing their bodies hard. I also know he’s tough because when he got hurt it was in the middle of a tough play.

I just hope that the next time he is asked to run a slant or quick route over the middle, he has cleared that mental hurdle and has the confidence to go make the play. I’ve always found playing free and clear mentally makes you less likely to get hurt than playing not to get hurt.

Keep it up Edwin!

Deleted member 29907

D
Yes, and high and over the middle (as with Dudek's injury IIRC). Tough to blame the defenders when the receivers are laid out like that.
Found this - Edwins was a reach, but nothing behind or way off the ground. He's pretty much a defenseless player in this situation.

The net is my original comment was mostly tongue in cheek and not meant to spark an IL board debate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this - Edwins was a reach, but nothing behind or way off the ground. He's pretty much a defenseless player in this situation.

The net is my original comment was mostly tongue in cheek and not meant to spark an IL board debate.

That's a bad angle. Based on the shadows, he looks at least a foot off the ground when he catches it.

Why post something if you don't want to debate? Kidding, sort of.

Deleted member 29907

D
That's a bad angle. Based on the shadows, he looks at least a foot off the ground when he catches it.

Why post something if you don't want to debate? Kidding, sort of.
As stated before - it was tongue in cheek - next time I'll use a winky smiley face to note - but since you ask and comment - i still think both are a low hit (and one to a defenseless player coming across the middle) and the guy who hit Mikey pretty much looked like a 7th grader in rec league on his hands and knees. But hey - let's agree to disagree and let the thread get back on topic.

2019 Football Position Preview: Linebackers

I think this group is the most important on the D if we want real improvement. With Lou in the weightroom I think they're going to surprise people. Should finally be a B10 level group at least with the starters. Excited to see the speed and coverage from Eifler too.

breadman

Herndon, VA
2019 Football Position Preview: Linebackers

I think this group is the most important on the D if we want real improvement. With Lou in the weightroom I think they're going to surprise people. Should finally be a B10 level group at least with the starters. Excited to see the speed and coverage from Eifler too.

Absolutely agree.
Very curious to see what an off season of weight room work has done for Hansen.
It sure looked like to me he needed to add some muscle last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.