Illini Football 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

illini80

Forgottonia
Do we have any idea who is the front runner at QB going into camp?
By all accounts I have heard, it’s wide open. My guess is Peters, but I really believe it will be whoever shows the most in camp.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Not to start a 10 page debate about weightlifting but belts give a false sense of safety.
Allows one to lift more weight by giving your abs/core something to contract against. Belt plus knee wraps he'd probably squat 700+.

Deleted member 654622

D
Allows one to lift more weight by giving your abs/core something to contract against. Belt plus knee wraps he'd probably squat 700+.
Now your focusing energy on pushing your abs into your belt instead of your squat form.
Knee wraps, oh yeah he could hit 700

I know he's only a freshman, but how many games before I Williams is the starting QB?

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Now your focusing energy on pushing your abs into your belt instead of your squat form.
Knee wraps, oh yeah he could hit 700
Only if you don't know what you're doing lol. (to the belt part) Not debating the safety merits anyway, only saying you can move more weight with the belt. Regardless, really impressive lift for anyone, but especially a 20yo.

Deleted member 590820

D
I know he's only a freshman, but how many games before I Williams is the starting QB?

Sight unseen but I’d like to see him vs the likes of Akron, UConn and E Mich. To me Peters is insurance. Williams gets 4 games without burning red shirt. Why not play him vs the easiest competition to build confidence? I wouldn’t want his first start to be vs Nebraska or Michigan. Having said that he should earn it. Just like Peters should not be given the nod because he’s a junior. And really, if we can’t beat Akron and E Michigan regardless of who’s behind center this season is shot. So let IW start because he’s the future. THE 20’S BELONG TO THE ILLINI !!!

Deleted member 654622

D
Sight unseen but I’d like to see him vs the likes of Akron, UConn and E Mich. To me Peters is insurance. Williams gets 4 games without burning red shirt. Why not play him vs the easiest competition to build confidence? I wouldn’t want his first start to be vs Nebraska or Michigan. Having said that he should earn it. Just like Peters should not be given the nod because he’s a junior. And really, if we can’t beat Akron and E Michigan regardless of who’s behind center this season is shot. So let IW start because he’s the future. THE 20’S BELONG TO THE ILLINI !!!
I'm sorry you confused me there, "IW needs to earn it. Then let IW start because he's the future"?
Personally I really hope IW looks great in camp, but Peters looks better. Peters has a talent, and the team needs to win now. No more taking freshman lumps for Lovie.
My prediction is IW gets playing time but does not start once this year. I think Peters starts for the next TWO seasons.

Deleted member 590820

D
I'm sorry you confused me there, "IW needs to earn it. Then let IW start because he's the future"?
Personally I really hope IW looks great in camp, but Peters looks better. Peters has a talent, and the team needs to win now. No more taking freshman lumps for Lovie.
My prediction is IW gets playing time but does not start once this year. I think Peters starts for the next TWO seasons.

I see where you could get confused by my statement. I said if we can’t beat the 3 schmuck non con teams then this season is shot so yeah, start IW the rest of season. My point is if Peters can’t beat the juggernauts of the MAC then put in IW to gain experience. I’m tired of recruiting QB’s who leave after 1 year and equally sick of grad transfer dime a dozens. Maybe Peters is different. That’s why I said sight unseen. I will see on game days. I’m not at practice or scrimmages. Which isn’t game day anyway. You get me?

I see where you could get confused by my statement. I said if we can’t beat the 3 schmuck non con teams then this season is shot so yeah, start IW the rest of season. My point is if Peters can’t beat the juggernauts of the MAC then put in IW to gain experience. I’m tired of recruiting QB’s who leave after 1 year and equally sick of grad transfer dime a dozens. Maybe Peters is different. That’s why I said sight unseen. I will see on game days. I’m not at practice or scrimmages. Which isn’t game day anyway. You get me?
No, are you drunk?

As a donor to universities, primarily Illinois, and including Michigan. I have spoken with many, many Michigan fans, donors, and alumni. They understand why Peters is leaving and think we got a steal. Many wanted him to stay and thought he got the short end of the stick, but they also love Shea. Many believe that with him and the usc transfers (and rod), we will crush it on offense. Peters is legit

Deleted member 590820

D
As a donor to universities, primarily Illinois, and including Michigan. I have spoken with many, many Michigan fans, donors, and alumni. They understand why Peters is leaving and think we got a steal. Many wanted him to stay and thought he got the short end of the stick, but they also love Shea. Many believe that with him and the usc transfers (and rod), we will crush it on offense. Peters is legit

I hope so. We’ll see what happens if he gets on the field.

There is an interesting transfer (Ykili Ross) that is currently not enrolled at a university (that has a connection to our university). He has a few weeks before the start of camp and from what I have heard from a few sources is that his current school of choice doesn't have scholarships available. Although I don't know if he has any interest in Illinois, assuming that he fits our culture, he would be an excellent pickup. Two years and a grad transfer.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
There is an interesting transfer (Ykili Ross) that is currently not enrolled at a university (that has a connection to our university). He has a few weeks before the start of camp and from what I have heard from a few sources is that his current school of choice doesn't have scholarships available. Although I don't know if he has any interest in Illinois, assuming that he fits our culture, he would be an excellent pickup. Two years and a grad transfer.

All the USC transfers!!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.