Illini Football 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
So you still buying on Robinson starting first game? I'm not.

Gun to my head, that wouldn't be my pick, but I think I'd take him at 5/2 odds.

Mainly I just want to publicly pat myself on the back for predicting this back in November.

My longshot "Matt Robinson to start against Akron" ticket I bought at the end of last season before Rivers left or Peters arrived is still looking okay!

There are better passers in the QB group, and better runners in the QB group, but no one better at both. Robinson is the guy that puts the most options in play scheme and personnel-wise. Coaches like that.

Yesterday per a Robert tweet Peters got the first 11 v 11 snaps.

Gun to my head, that wouldn't be my pick, but I think I'd take him at 5/2 odds.

Mainly I just want to publicly pat myself on the back for predicting this back in November.

Self-congratulation is important, especially for an Illini fan.

And it would be kinda cool to see Robinson out there. He sounds like a decent QB. Could be the second coming of Kittner with bigger wheels.

(I just slapped myself for that, don't worry)

Deleted member 656517

D
I think it's cute that Purdue fans are suddenly crowing about football.

A few 6-win seasons will do that, I guess. Nevermind the EPIC beatdown at the hands of 5-loss Auburn.

Come on, Boiler friend. You all have a ways to go before you can go to other boards and crow about football with such confidence.
We can join forces and crow about football on Rutgers boards

Self-congratulation is important, especially for an Illini fan.

And it would be kinda cool to see Robinson out there. He sounds like a decent QB. Could be the second coming of Kittner with bigger wheels.

(I just slapped myself for that, don't worry)
Its the first days of training camp, let's wait a week.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
There has been much consternation about Lovie and all that during the offseason but as the calendar turns to August and I start reading practice reports on Twitter, I am overtaken by the feeling that gosh darn it I want this to work out, and I refuse to give up hope that it can.

It's all these little reminders of players we were excited about at one point that I hadn't thought about in awhile. Tony Adams! Milo Eifler! Blake Hayes!

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
There has been much consternation about Lovie and all that during the offseason but as the calendar turns to August and I start reading practice reports on Twitter, I am overtaken by the feeling that gosh darn it I want this to work out, and I refuse to give up hope that it can.

It's all these little reminders of players we were excited about at one point that I hadn't thought about in awhile. Tony Adams! Milo Eifler! Blake Hayes!
And, gosh darn it, if Chief Gritty can be optimistic so can the rest of us.

Who are you and what have you done with the real gritty

Game 5 Oct 5 news: Minnesota quarterback Zack Annexstad has a foot injury that will sideline him indefinitely, ending for now the competition with fellow sophomore Tanner Morgan for the starting spot.

Welcome august

skyIdub

Winged Warrior

giphy.gif

Kittner with wheels? Might be true, but Kittner had a group of future pro WR/TEs.

Is that you, The Kid?😁

FYI, good seats are available at UConn. You might be able to do better later on one of the resale sites, but buying direct from the UConn athletic department will set you back $45 each (plus fees, of course). The best part is some UConn guy will call you and ask your connection to the university. And you get to say, "None, I'm an Illini."

Anyway, anyone in the northeast, here's a chance to see the Fighting Illini on the field in person, and in a game we should (we'd better) win.

FYI, good seats are available at UConn. You might be able to do better later on one of the resale sites, but buying direct from the UConn athletic department will set you back $45 each (plus fees, of course). The best part is some UConn guy will call you and ask your connection to the university. And you get to say, "None, I'm an Illini."

Anyway, anyone in the northeast, here's a chance to see the Fighting Illini on the field in person, and in a game we should (we'd better) win.
Already got mine, went through Stubhub to get better seats. See y'all there!

Status
Not open for further replies.