Illini Football 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hope is that if they were suspecting a significant injury to the knee, they would not take the chance to have him slip on the crutches and do more damage. I've had 5 knee surgeries from football with the last being a total knee replacement, and learning to walk on crutches is not easy and you can trip or accidentally put pressure on the leg pretty easy. I can't see the coaches taking this chance if it was messed up.

The fact that he was back on the sidelines laughing with a teammate, leads me to think it's not that bad. If it was season ending Beason would have been more distraught than that. (At least this is what I'm hoping for)

Deleted member 46511

D
In a brace and crutches. That is definitely serious, regardless of where he sits or stands during practice.

Careful with the certainty there, man.

Brace and crutches could be serious, or they could be simply precautionary.

Honestly, if it was REALLY serious, I am fairly confident that he would not have come back out. (They would not have let him.)

I'm not saying it can't be serious... it certainly could be... but if it is, I promise it will surprise the people that let him walk out and around in crutches.

Careful with the certainty there, man.

Brace and crutches could be serious, or they could be simply precautionary.

Honestly, if it was REALLY serious, I am fairly confident that he would not have come back out. (They would not have let him.)

I'm not saying it can't be serious... it certainly could be... but if it is, I promise it will surprise the people that let him walk out and around in crutches.

Trainers and medical professionals donā€™t view crutches and knee braces as non-serious precautionary measures so no, the certainty that this situation regardless of outcome is serious in nature is quite real and legitimate.

Deleted member 654622

D
The fact that he was back on the sidelines laughing with a teammate, leads me to think it's not that bad. If it was season ending Beason would have been more distraught than that. (At least this is what I'm hoping for)
I tore my ACL in college, and I was fine 15 minutes later. It hurt like a mother, carted me off, wrapped my leg in ice and I drove 45 min home in a stick shift mustang. I'm not some tough guy, it just isn't very painful after the first shock of it.

Doesnā€™t look good for Marquez. His Instagram story is legitimately 15+ people wishing him a ā€œspeedy recoveryā€ and ā€œto bounce back stronger than ever.ā€

Deleted member 46511

D
Trainers and medical professionals donā€™t view crutches and knee braces as non-serious precautionary measures so no, the certainty that this situation regardless of outcome is serious in nature is quite real and legitimate.

Trainers and medical professionals don't typically let SERIOUSLY injured players back on the practice field (in anything).

But you know that, and are simply making inarguable statements about crutches. Cool.

Deleted member 46511

D
Trainers and medical professionals don't typically let SERIOUSLY injured players back on the practice field (in anything).

But you know that, and are simply making inarguable statements about crutches. Cool.

PS: I repeat that he absolutely could be devastatingly injured... however I just saw video of him walking in the brace, not well, without crutches.

He could be done for...
But he's not acting like it. And they're not currently stopping him.

They already know if his ACL is torn or not torn. And you can walk with or without it being torn. So we still know nothing

Haha, I forgot for a moment that I am an Illinois fan, and that I am not allowed to have nice things.

DoctorOrange

Chicago, IL
Guys. ACL injury is not a ā€œserious medical injuryā€ from a health standpoint. Thereā€™s absolutely no reason he couldnā€™t be watching practices with a knee brace even if he had a torn acl. The doctors and training staff already likely know the extent of the injury. Have to read between the lines here until they announce.

I mean DeJuan Blair played in the NBA without an ACL in either knee. So we should be cool and this was all just a false alarm, right?

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
Guys. ACL injury is not a ā€œserious medical injuryā€ from a health standpoint. Thereā€™s absolutely no reason he couldnā€™t be watching practices with a knee brace even if he had a torn acl. The doctors and training staff already likely know the extent of the injury. Have to read between the lines here until they announce.
I mean I'd argue that if they thought a torn acl, they'd take him right away to get an MRI instead of letting him go back on the field.

I mean I'd argue that if they thought a torn acl, they'd take him right away to get an MRI instead of letting him go back on the field.
This is a facetious post, but I wonder, given our history of injuries, if they have the capability to perform MRI's in or near the stadium?
Perhaps a recent donation by a concerned fan.

Daughter tore her ACL in a college soccer practice. Trainers did their testing, assumed it was an ACL, iced it and gave her crutches for the rest of practice. Scheduled an MRI a couple days out because they needed the swelling to go down. She felt a little pain but could walk. She said a hyper extended knee actually hurt worse. No telling how bad Beaonā€™s knee is based on appearances from afar. Pray for him and the team that it is not for the worse. If so, redshirt and be ready to play in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.