Illini Football 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, you might be right, but you are simply too certain, without evidence.
You offer crutches and a brace.

I offer smiles, laughter, walking without the crutches, and now a supposed Instagram post in which he says he's not out for the year.

Ironically, in the face of overwhelming evidence, I'm STILL capable of saying that it could be bad.

You, in the face of opposing evidence, choose to stick to a severe injury.

I hope that you are as wrong as your are oversure if yourself.

I-L-L

Not an MRInsider.

I hope I’m wrong as well but there’s a difference between hope and logic that I don’t feel is all that difficult to understand.

As for this “supposed” (your word) video, what in the world does that tell us? Approximately....nothing. Even if true, does “I’m not out for the year” mean “But I’ve got a severe ligament strain and I’m looking at 8 weeks”? We don’t know. If it does, that’s serious for us, very very serious. Have you looked at our schedule? I’m not saying this in a demeaning way I’m legitimately asking, have you seen our schedule? Our path to 6 wins is TOUGH. Our best chance to get there is to try and take that Minnesota game which means we probably need to go 4-1 in our first 5. To say Marquez Beason would be a huge part of our efforts to accomplish that would be an understatement. If he’s looking at that type of timeline, I don’t think a rationale person would suggest that this isn’t serious for our program.

I hope I’m wrong as well but there’s a difference between hope and logic that I don’t feel is all that difficult to understand.

As for this “supposed” (your word) video, what in the world does that tell us? Approximately....nothing. Even if true, does “I’m not out for the year” mean “But I’ve got a severe ligament strain and I’m looking at 8 weeks”? We don’t know. If it does, that’s serious for us, very very serious. Have you looked at our schedule? I’m not saying this in a demeaning way I’m legitimately asking, have you seen our schedule? Our path to 6 wins is TOUGH. Our best chance to get there is to try and take that Minnesota game which means we probably need to go 4-1 in our first 5. To say Marquez Beason would be a huge part of our efforts to accomplish that would be an understatement. If he’s looking at that type of timeline, I don’t think a rationale person would suggest that this isn’t serious for our program.
I'm holding out on getting anxious until I hear some official update, until then I'm:censored:

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
Less serious < 8 weeks < pretty serious < Full season < Very serious < End of career?

I agree that this could be detrimental. Given our schedule, 6 wins is much more difficult than 5 wins (we will need to win most of the tossups). But I think being competitive in almost every game is way more important. Last year, we played a lot of teams tough through the early parts of the game, but youth, lack of depth and maybe even game planning hurt us (Lovie's game planning is not very exotic, we will see this year how that looks with more talent). If we are going to be legitimate, we will need to be able to push better teams to the brink and even pull upsets. As far as I’m concerned, 5 wins and competitive games is good enough.

lstewart53x3

Scottsdale, Arizona
Depending on what type of knee injury he ends up with, there could be a world that Beason sits out the first 8 games, plays in the final 4, then still claims a medical redshirt year.

Deleted member 649710

D
Does anybody have the link to Beason's live video feed Where he said it wasn't Season ending
I don't think there is a link. He was live on Instagram. I just happened by chance to be using the app when I saw it. He only was on for around two minutes. There were maybe 15 people who clicked to watch, according to the counter. I agree with the poster above who says it is impossible to draw much of a conclusion from what Quez said. A viewer posted "are you out for the season," and he orally replied that he is NOT out for the season. That's it. TIFWIW.

Then we better get 6 wins before we reach out 8th game... You can play in 4 games and still claim a RS season. So, in theory, one could play 3 regular season games and then the bowl game and be a RS Frosh heading into the next season.

I believe Robinson appeared in 4 games throughout the season as an example of how the rule works.

I agree that this could be detrimental. Given our schedule, 6 wins is much more difficult than 5 wins (we will need to win most of the tossups). But I think being competitive in almost every game is way more important. Last year, we played a lot of teams tough through the early parts of the game, but youth, lack of depth and maybe even game planning hurt us (Lovie's game planning is not very exotic, we will see this year how that looks with more talent). If we are going to be legitimate, we will need to be able to push better teams to the brink and even pull upsets. As far as I’m concerned, 5 wins and competitive games is good enough.

While that is certainly a fair opinion, it's still merely an opinion. The administration may feel differently. I don't have a good read on that.

And in regards to this conversation, we'll be a helluva lot more competitive with Beason than without. That's a no-brainer. Not having his type of talent at a razor thin position depth wise is simply a killer. If this "significant" injury costs him anything more than three games, we could be in real trouble.

Deleted member 654622

D
So to keep this positive train going, all the reports and videos about Barker has me a little intrigued about his possibilities. Plus him working with Antonio Brown cant hurt!
I also do not know who this Yianni dude on twitter is, but he is posting A LOT of video from practice. A LOT. Even though its open, I am surprised this is ok

Is there any *ACTUAL* update on Beason?
Its definitely official...
Riding home from work today listening to espn radio they said " The illini football team has gotten some bad news, as coach lovie smith says marquez beason has suffered a very serious knee injury" Then they went into speculation and the general consensus is that very serious knee injury translates to season ending.... no other details were given..
I for one am bummed I was looking forward to seeing Marquez on the field this year... I wish him and hope for him a very healthy and speedy recovery..

Deleted member 236589

D
Its definitely official...
Riding home from work today listening to espn radio they said " The illini football team has gotten some bad news, as coach lovie smith says marquez beason has suffered a very serious knee injury" Then they went into speculation and the general consensus is that very serious knee injury translates to season ending.... no other details were given..
I for one am bummed I was looking forward to seeing Marquez on the field this year... I wish him and hope for him a very healthy and speedy recovery..
Yeah, a sprain or bone bruise doesn't constitute a "serious" knee injury. I feel pretty confident that he's hinting at an ACL, MCL or both depending on how serious it is.

Next man up!

I liked Lovie as Bears coach. But always hated the way he talked injuries with the media. He may have to be less open discussing college kids. But, I hope he can improve in this area.

That's ok....I'm still thrilled to have Corbin and Epstein as our 1-1A running back combo!
I think it might be Corbin and Brown 1 and 1A. Dre might be the best overall back on the team. If Brown doesn't get injured he could have a breakout season. Illini are very strong at the running back position, Jakari, et al.

Deleted member 645583

D
Poor Marquez. Need him. Hope the unofficial diagnosis is wrong.

Get well and come back even stronger, Marquez.

I just wish things could go smoothly for the Illini for once, but injuries, bad luck happen to every program, it seems; maybe more so for Illini.

Yes, I wish we had more info on injuries and status of players, but it's really a privacy matter.

Also hoping Dre Brown is 100% and raring to go!

Go Illini, Go Barbs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.