Illini Football 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are too often falling into two opposing camps on “reopening the economy,” and they both seem to be overlooking so much. It won’t be like flipping a switch, and it’s highly likely that we both open stuff back up soon (June at the latest) AND take a super long time to get things TRULY “back to normal.”

I would be (pleasantly) surprised if college football is just like normal.

illini80

Forgottonia
I’ve become very pessimistic about the fall football season in the past week. I don’t see spring ball as workable and no matter what they try, there will be a lot of schools not fielding teams so scheduling would be a nightmare. I’ll happily take anything, but to expect an even somewhat normal year and to have any expectations doesn’t seem reasonable at this point.

Not to throw snark at my own Alma Mater, but would it really be all that strange for Illinois to play in an empty Memorial Stadium?
It would be nice to have an excuse. There wouldn't be a huge contrast in the atmosphere between Memorial Stadium and other televised games. Might do us some good.

It would be nice to have an excuse. There wouldn't be a huge contrast in the atmosphere between Memorial Stadium and other televised games. Might do us some good.
I think last year generated enough buzz around the program to drastically increase the home attendance next year, but like others I also don't think we will get the chance to know.

I think last year generated enough buzz around the program to drastically increase the home attendance next year, but like others I also don't think we will get the chance to know.
You make me wonder . . . how were season ticket sales going before the lockdown?? Anyone know??

I heard a discussion on sports radio. Speculating most 1st and 2nd round projected picks skip the season if it is moved back. It would be possible we lose players. But overall that would be an advantage to Illinois. Top prospects are more abundant at other schools.

illini80

Forgottonia
I heard a discussion on sports radio. Speculating most 1st and 2nd round projected picks skip the season if it is moved back. It would be possible we lose players. But overall that would be an advantage to Illinois. Top prospects are more abundant at other schools.
I tend to disagree due to our lack of depth, especially compared to many other schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.