Sat.___Oct. 24______Minnesota
Sat.___Oct. 31______at Wisconsin
Sat.___Nov. 7_______Iowa
Sat.___Nov. 14______at Indiana
Sat.___Nov. 21______Ohio State
Sat.___Nov. 28______at Northwestern

Dan

Admin
Milo Eifler expresses gratitude to Illinois for ensuring safety and the opportunity. Just wants safety to be the top priority.

Sounds like #illini Milo Eifler just has a lot of unanswered questions that no one can really answer.

How will they ensure safety? Is he guaranteed another NCAA year if this season doesn't all go according to plan?

He wants to play. Just concerned about how it will all work.

Milo Eifler on if he would be comfortable playing right now. "Is there a vaccine?" "I don't know, it's hard to say. The football player in me wants to put on pads right now."

LB Milo Eifler sums it up by saying (paraphrasing): "We all want to play, but we just want to make sure our health and safety are the top priority."

Said Josh Whitman makes that clear in every call with student-athletes. Like all of us, he just has ... uncertainty.

Milo Eifler: "I just wanted to raise concerns for college football players across the country. I knew others were feeling the way I was."

Milo Eifler said Lovie Smith said: "We got your back."

Milo Eifler: "We're still at risk. We're not superheroes."

https://twitter.com/JWerner247/

sacraig

The desert

altenberger22

South Carolina
Anyone know the Illini practice camp schedule? When can we expect updates and comments from Lovie and the coaching staff?

Yes, Milo has spoken very eloquently about this issues and hasn't gotten much of an answer. It's not like the NFL where guys are making hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars.

Dan

Admin
Anyone know the Illini practice camp schedule? When can we expect updates and comments from Lovie and the coaching staff?
The August training camp schedule hasn't been released yet, it's typically released in mid-July (but with everything on hold now, who knows). At this time players are back for voluntary workouts.

Big Ten Football Media Days, usually held in late-July, has been cancelled. The TV/kickoff times for early season games, Homecoming, & special games announcement is on hold indefinitely. Go Illini

altenberger22

South Carolina
The August training camp schedule hasn't been released yet, it's typically released in mid-July (but with everything on hold now, who knows). At this time players are back for voluntary workouts.

Big Ten Football Media Days, usually held in late-July, has been cancelled. The TV/kickoff times for early season games, Homecoming, & special games announcement is on hold indefinitely. Go Illini
Thanks Dan!

So the 247 preseason poll came out - UI got 10 of 11 last place votes in the West. Doesn't jive at all with the optimism in the recruiting thread; we'll see who is right. If we win less than 6 games it's hard to see how Lovie comes back for another year

So the 247 preseason poll came out - UI got 10 of 11 last place votes in the West. Doesn't jive at all with the optimism in the recruiting thread; we'll see who is right. If we win less than 6 games it's hard to see how Lovie comes back for another year

You ain't the only one that have conflicting view. The same experts that made the poll also claim that illinois have a challenged offensive line this upcoming season yet PFF just ranked Illinois having the highest rank offensive line returning

https://247sports.com/Article/Big-T...e-year-player-of-the-year-for-2020-148030446/
https://twitter.com/PFF_College?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

illini80

Forgottonia
We don’t know what will happen with the games yet, but it seems unlikely we will have a full season and the noncon games could easily go away with the ISU game an exception. We could also see some players sit out due to COVID risk. I think he gets a pass almost regardless this year. We will see.

Wow that's just awful. I may be a bit too much of a homer but we have 78% of the team back, dealt with a lot of injuries and made a bowl game last year. If we have the full season as planned, I would be shocked if we didn't get 6 or more wins.

Deleted member 746648

D
Part of me understands why some of these polls have us at the bottom of the conference. They probably look at our mediocre recruiting class rankings and our 6-7 record and think we are spinning our wheels at best. Meanwhile every other team in the division is getting better except maybe Iowa who is already pretty solid.

I don't really agree with the assessment but I get it. There isn't a giant gap between teams in the west like there used to be. I hope our guys see all the doubters and use it as motivation next year. We haven't done enough to earn anyone's respect yet.

I wonder, if the season goes like this, will teams become bowl eligible at 3-7, 4-6? The 3-4 cupcakes on most P5 schedules will be gone.

Edit: Sorry, if there are bowls......
Yeah I doubt there would be bowl games and I'm fine with that. I'll settle for another marquee win any day

Bowls don’t matter. The biggest win at this point would be a safe and healthy rest of the year.

the championship would be that plus the ability to watch any football at all.

Deleted member 746648

D
Hypothetically speaking if we play a 10 game conference schedule with the extra game being home vs Michigan St, what would be considered a good season for us? If we played a normal 2020 schedule most fans would be happy with a 7-5 (4-5 conference) record. Would y'all be content with 4-6 assuming most of our losses are close? I think I would be very happy with a 5-5 conference record.

We don’t know what will happen with the games yet, but it seems unlikely we will have a full season and the noncon games could easily go away with the ISU game an exception. We could also see some players sit out due to COVID risk. I think he gets a pass almost regardless this year. We will see.

More discussion of that here, especially in light of the Ivy league's announcement to cancel, as well as Stanford's announcement on Fall sports. It's an unfortunate reflection on the USA, but New Zealand is having full stadiums for sports because they controlled the virus with early aggressive testing and contact tracing, and the USA went another route that has lead to, at least by some measures, the worst results in the world. As one of the ESPN guys says, ADs will have a brutal decision to make, and the clock is ticking. Everyone's working off optimism, but that doesn't change reality.

What will the schedule look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.