Illini Football & CFB 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a quote from Bonner:
Bonner said he’s “very, very hopeful” he will play again as a fifth-year senior in 2021, though he said Illinois’ obligation to honor his scholarship is only for this year.
Do we have any short yardage backs like him on the roster? Besides do it all Epstein

Last edited:

haasi

New York
Oh BheBhe BheBhe!

1596074123791.gif

We got him??? I think we got him!!!
Bhebhe 2.0!!!

JJE

Bethalto, IL
Besides name recognition is he really going to be a factor? With Ford and Barker is he being brought in as a depth piece? I don't know much about him except his brother and the USC connection. People more in the know give me some info.

Besides name recognition is he really going to be a factor? With Ford and Barker is he being brought in as a depth piece? I don't know much about him except his brother and the USC connection. People more in the know give me some info.

From what I can tell:

-When healthy, he is a receiving threat
-Rod Smith like his TE/WR hybrid (Caleb Reams)
-Ricky Smalling is not returning (Currently Starting Casey Washington)

Even Illinois add Desmond Dan, Hightower and the WR from Miz doesn't seems to be getting waiver. Personally, I think he is going to be a factor even without 2 or 3 WR going down with injuries.

Looks like we are getting Josh I. brother. We are going to be loaded at TE this year. Imagine Dan Barker, Josh, Daniel, and Luke Ford on the field at the same time. Three very good TE on the roster. Wow. Hope they all stay injury free.

SampsonRelpenk

Edwardsville, IL
Hard to get too excited about these immediately eligible guys. Will any of them stick around (if they're even able) if there's no season?

Hard to get too excited about these immediately eligible guys. Will any of them stick around (if they're even able) if there's no season?
If they don’t, so what... even before Smalling receiver depth was a question, can’t hurt to have someone else that can catch a ball. DT is probably our biggest position of need, getting someone who NFL potential isn’t huge. Worst that happens is they are depth, best and most likely case is they provide some help where we need it. We just got better & I think we were going to be respectable already. Anything above an empty scholly is an improvement

So can we safely say that this is both Lovie's best team, and that our best team in,....what? 7 years? Will never see the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.