Illini Football & CFB 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 654622

D
Anyone know why he was available and was looking to transfer? His tweet said something about "unforeseen circumstances".
illini Inquirer Podcast just put out an interview with him. Pretty good listen. Conference isn't playing football and even his football coaches said it wasn't fair to keep him there. He needed to get in the portal. Apparently Lovie was very instrumental in landing his commitment

Care to elaborate?

Adding onto what illini0440, some internet Illinois sleuths noticed that Beason recently start following the head coach from Baylor (later unfollow) and SMU (along with the CB coach). The public discussion board, doing what they do the best, starting cranking out middle school quality rumors.

First, the 247 board poster claimed that someone in a diner told him that beason is transfer to Baylor.

Second, a Rival board post claimed that he had tried or had already transfer to SMU......

A lot of people seems to really buy into the idea that if there is smoke, there is fire with the limited information on Beason twitter. His most recent tweets of "...." and "Just be patient everything will work out..." certainly flame the speculations. Personally, I found it funny that a bunch of boomers are getting work up by a nineteen year old subtweeting. Maybe it is true that Beason is unhappy at Illinois and want out (maybe some insider can get some information), the frustration would more like coming from that he wouldn't be a three and done (his twitter pin post) due to his injuries and the current pandemic. Maybe he is looking around to see if the ACC or SEC would guarantee to play more games (unlikely that SEC just went conference only), but until any official reporting, everything is just speculation and rumors.

*Now if the insiders can actual get some dirt on this please

Adding onto what illini0440, some internet Illinois sleuths noticed that Beason recently start following the head coach from Baylor (later unfollow) and SMU (along with the CB coach). The public discussion board, doing what they do the best, starting cranking out middle school quality rumors.

First, the 247 board poster claimed that someone in a diner told him that beason is transfer to Baylor.

Second, a Rival board post claimed that he had tried or had already transfer to SMU......

A lot of people seems to really buy into the idea that if there is smoke, there is fire with the limited information on Beason twitter. His most recent tweets of "...." and "Just be patient everything will work out..." certainly flame the speculations. Personally, I found it funny that a bunch of boomers are getting work up by a nineteen year old subtweeting. Maybe it is true that Beason is unhappy at Illinois and want out (maybe some insider can get some information), the frustration would more like coming from that he wouldn't be a three and done (his twitter pin post) due to his injuries and the current pandemic. Maybe he is looking around to see if the ACC or SEC would guarantee to play more games (unlikely that SEC just went conference only), but until any official reporting, everything is just speculation and rumors.

*Now if the insiders can actual get some dirt on this please

He got rid of everything Illinois related on his Instagram as well. It doesn’t look good.

Deleted member 654622

D
"Illinois, a bowl team last season, was the only team in the West not to receive higher than a fourth-place vote. However, that was a step up after receiving every last place vote in each of the last two preseason polls"

1596202906627.png

He got rid of everything Illinois related on his Instagram as well. It doesn’t look good.
I don't have or follow Twitter or Instagram, but I stumbled across something from Marquez Beason saying "Its all good", so I clicked thru and ended up on his Instagram account, which (still / again ?) has Illini photos on it. So, maybe no more smoke??

https://www.instagram.com/quezb3ason/

I don't have or follow Twitter or Instagram, but I stumbled across something from Marquez Beason saying "Its all good", so I clicked thru and ended up on his Instagram account, which (still / again ?) has Illini photos on it. So, maybe no more smoke??

https://www.instagram.com/quezb3ason/
Those photos were NOT on his Instagram last night. He still has “Free Three” pinned on his Twitter. Can’t someone report whether he has been attending campus workouts?

And people said we were gonna finish 7th last year. These people have no idea what our roster even looks like. They go off name value. It’s why Nebraska always is picked higher then they finish.

And people said we were gonna finish 7th last year. These people have no idea what our roster even looks like. They go off name value. It’s why Nebraska always is picked higher then they finish.
There's truth to that. I don't think everybody is that simple minded though. I do hope we prove them wrong, but at the same time I understand why they feel that way.

Nebraska is the most overrated team in the big ten

I’m honestly shocked Frost didn’t turn them around in year 1. Even more shocked in year 2.

I know rebuilds can take awhile, and coaching transitions sometimes take a season to get things figured out...but Nebby definitely wasn’t a rebuild. And with the amount of talent they bring in, I figured they could overcome a transition year and make a bowl.

Something is definitely not clicking there.

Status
Not open for further replies.