Illini Football & CFB 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
Uhh...what?
7B2DDE18-F82A-4E9B-8C02-C083D269687B.jpeg

If the rest of the US was at a 1.9% positivity rate sports would be a go for sure. Also, how is it that Illinois is more competent at this than the Cardinals and the Marlins?

Attachments

• B05FC978-2429-4A52-85D5-6F4CC3434A36.png
    B05FC978-2429-4A52-85D5-6F4CC3434A36.png
    937.5 KB · Views: 256

illini80

Forgottonia
If the rest of the US was at a 1.9% positivity rate sports would be a go for sure. Also, how is it that Illinois is more competent at this than the Cardinals and the Marlins?
Not sure that 1.9% is valid for comparison. 23 out of 164 is 14% of the people testing positive at some point. If you are testing the same people over and over it makes sense that the rate would be lower than the normal population that is primarily being tested if they have reason to believe they are exposed.

Not sure that 1.9% is valid for comparison. 23 out of 164 is 14% of the people testing positive at some point. If you are testing the same people over and over it makes sense that the rate would be lower than the normal population that is primarily being tested if they have reason to believe they are exposed.
I believe most states use the same methodology as Quiksilver. So, the original comparison has some validity.

Dan

Admin
Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren — as he ponders canceling the 2020 football season — is getting input from conference athletes via video calls

Sources say Commissioner Kevin Warren has attempted to meet with two student-athletes from each Big Ten school by video conference — one football player, one from a different sport. He completed some calls Monday and others Tuesday.

Warren clearly wants to get the pulse of players before deciding whether to move forward or pull the plug on the 2020 season.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...0200804-ld3pjbnjdjbulileysm6yp5njy-story.html

illini80

Forgottonia
I believe most states use the same methodology as Quiksilver. So, the original comparison has some validity.
My point was more that if we were testing the entire population every week like they are players, we could probably hit that number. But that’s not whats happening so I don’t see that the methodology for reporting the % of positive tests really matters.

illini80

Forgottonia
At this point, I’ll be shocked if we have a season. I feel really bad for all the players and coaches who have been working so hard to prepare. If they tried to force it I would expect a significant number to opt out and who could blame them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.