Illini Football & CFB 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinivek23

Gurnee
Didn't see that Joseph Thompson was transferring. Was this announced a couple of days ago?

This actually is somewhat encouraging to me. They're making specific, concrete plans for a season (and releasing them publicly). Similar to what MLB started about 3 weeks ago, and that looks like it will at least get off the ground. College football still has about two months to work through things, hopefully see progress with the pandemic nationwide, and do things right.

I just want to see 5 Illinois wins this fall. Is that too much to ask in this trainwreck of a year?!

unimaroon

Baja Ontario
...hopefully see progress with the pandemic nationwide...

“Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.” ― Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemption

Having High School Sports in the Fall is going to be determined by the Governor. Does anyone know if he also has control of having or not having college Fall sports in Illinois?

illini80

Forgottonia
Having High School Sports in the Fall is going to be determined by the Governor. Does anyone know if he also has control of having or not having college Fall sports in Illinois?
I don’t believe he would make that call, but for public universities he possibly could. He certainly has the ability to make rules that would make it difficult to comply with while holding games.

Limiting Memorial Stadium to 20% capacity?

They're doing something similar at O'Brien Field for EIU games too: https://eiupanthers.com/news/2020/7/17/season-ticket-renewals.aspx

Among the policies they're going to have (which I would assume the U of I and other colleges and universities in the state will have something similar):
-Face coverings must be worn when entering and moving around the stadium
-Seating locations will in a socially distance set-up for this season
-There will a no rentry policy at O'Brien Field for the 2020 season
-Entry and Exit points to the stadium will be clearly marked for fans along with ushers available to help direct fans
-There will be no tailgating allowed this year

illini80

Forgottonia
Tate said yesterday that Smalling was not returning to the team. I don’t know if it’s injury or transfer related or something else. Cerny also not returning.

Last edited:

illini80

Forgottonia

Deleted member 656517

D
Well it's looking like I'll be a 1st time season ticket holder next season... No tailgating and social distancing during a sports game = no thanks

illini80

Forgottonia
For some reason I can't find that in the link. Are you referring to 1:26 from the start of the podcast or from the end of the broadcast?
1 hour 26 minutes from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.