Illini Golf 2018-2019

I was looking at the course stats after one day and for the Illini, they are quite unusual.
Illinois has the 2nd best performance on par 3's, shooting 1 over par as a team.
But on par 4's, we are nearly the worst, shooting 29 over par.
Par 5's weren't good either, with the Illini at +5, while the field average appears to be about -1.
Sort of have to assume that we aren't getting off the tee very well.
Fix that and our iron play appears to be solid.
A bit of guessing, but that is what I'm hoping

Apparently conditions are much friendlier today.
At 9:30 am, the teams on the course are a cumulative 7 under par.
Only 4 teams are over par, while 6 teams are under par.
Hope that holds until the afternoon, when we go out.

Apparently conditions are much friendlier today.
At 9:30 am, the teams on the course are a cumulative 7 under par.
Only 4 teams are over par, while 6 teams are under par.
Hope that holds until the afternoon, when we go out.
Which is unfortunate for us because we needed a lot of teams ahead of us to go out today and shoot poorly. Looking at the board as of now and not to many high numbers being posted. We are going to have to go out and shoot even or a little under par collectively to make up any ground at all.

As of right now there are 8 teams in the club house at +18 or better. We currently stand +23 thru 4-6 holes. We really need to stay around that number, and not drop to many more going into tomorrow IMO.

It's looking very unlikely that the Illini even make tomorrow's cut.

I guess it says a lot for your program when it seems like somewhat of a down year, even after winning four tournaments, including the B1G and the NCAA Regional.

I was hoping we'd be able to go into tomorrow around +25. Realistically I thought +30 was attainable and we'd have a good shot from there. Unfortunately the Illini weren't able to hold that number. Down 11 shots to the 15th place slot going into tomorrow doesn't look to good.