Illini Golf 2018-2019

breadman

Herndon, VA
In the mean time, OSU and Wake has pushed us down to third as we can't get off the even par boat.

breadman

Herndon, VA
And so there we go.
Tied for second at the end of the day with Wake as OSU sneaks up to first for the regional.

In a great spot after two days. Hope for Cal and Oregon to fade a bit at the end of their rounds for a little extra cushion. Small will have them geared up to go win it tomorrow. Look up the leaderboard not down it boys!!

Not the best day for Illinois, but not a disaster, either. They've set themselves up well to qualify, being only two shots off the lead and seven shots ahead of fifth. They just need to finish relatively strong and they'll be in.

Deleted member 645583

D
GO ILLINOISANS! of which I a am one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Konnie

Western Suburbs
Kuhl is really playing well as a substitute for Baumgarten!

FlyNavy

Los Angeles
Feagles with a 65 to in the individual, Adrien is currently 3rd - this team is clicking at the right time. I wouldn't have said this a month ago, but they definitely have a good shot to make match play at nationals.

And don't forget, they have no seniors on this team...

breadman

Herndon, VA
What a strong showing by Small's team today!!
Then there's also the advancement of the ladies team.
Unbelievable!
Go golfers go!!!

Deleted member 645583

D
Rebuilding, reloading? A little bit of both, I think.

Adrien, Tommy Cool: freshmen!

But what's with Brian Baumgarten? Is he hurt or just not playing well enough to be a factor at this point? Who knows, he may reappear at Fayetteville.
But congratulations to all Illini!

Illinois: a college golf power, both men and women!

Won't be easy at Nationals. Out of the 30 teams to advance, only 4 are ranked outside the top 35. And 2 of those 4 are ranked 41 and 46 respectively.

Deleted member 645583

D
Won't be easy at Nationals. Out of the 30 teams to advance, only 4 are ranked outside the top 35. And 2 of those 4 are ranked 41 and 46 respectively.

You are correct, sir.. But what do rankings mean at this point in the season? Illinois had a pretty dismal year (by Illinois golf standards) until BIG tourney. Now they're regional champs. Ohio State? Not a factor anytime, really, until regional. As much as I hate to say it, congratulations to THE OSU!

So I just don't know.

It's golf - the good walk spoiled.

illinipioneer

Richmond, VA
Rebuilding, reloading? A little bit of both, I think.

Adrien, Tommy Cool: freshmen!

But what's with Brian Baumgarten? Is he hurt or just not playing well enough to be a factor at this point? Who knows, he may reappear at Fayetteville.
But congratulations to all Illini!

Illinois: a college golf power, both men and women!
Pretty sure Brian has been dealing with a back injury issue

Deleted member 645583

D
Sounded kinda heartless: I hope Brian is well right now! Golf or not.