Illini Golf 2019-2020

Deleted member 645583

D
Through 15 today, Illinois was at -12, 15 shots back of Clemson. Kinda mediocre. But Ji was tied for first after round one.

Check out Golfstat for up-to-date scores, etc., and Illinois men's golf website.

Deleted member 645583

D
You and me whatahack; I'll change mine to whataduffer.

Just a thought or two: this was a very unimpressive start for the Illini against some top-flight competition. I hope Illini improve, but they've got a real test at Olympia Fields.

What's with Adrien? Played way over par in the side-show event. Thought he was gonna be Illini #1. Is he hurt?

Good for the freshman Jerry JI!

Another Illini golf fan and I are vols at Illini women's event at Medinah in October. Illini women are ranked #16 in the nation.

You and me whatahack; I'll change mine to whataduffer.

Just a thought or two: this was a very unimpressive start for the Illini against some top-flight competition. I hope Illini improve, but they've got a real test at Olympia Fields.

What's with Adrien? Played way over par in the side-show event. Thought he was gonna be Illini #1. Is he hurt?

Good for the freshman Jerry JI!

Another Illini golf fan and I are vols at Illini women's event at Medinah in October. Illini women are ranked #16 in the nation.
Gals started fast in Ohio this weekend but faded in the latter two rounds. Should be competitive in conference this year. I also wondered what happened to ADDC. He looked really good in the B10 tourney last year. Need both of the Belgian kids to up their game.

whatahack

St. Peters MO
Feagles off to a good start today -3. Team has moved up a few spots from yesterday.

A little surprised at the inconsistency of the team so far. Yes I know pay about as much attention to the golf program as the basketball program. Li is truly a top shelf talent and throwing him into the mix I see this as a top 10 team this year. Need the seniors to step up and hold down the team.

Deleted member 645583

D
Illini didn't have the best fall, but they did well in a strong field at Cypress. Here's hoping they win yet another BIG title this spring.

Unfortunately, Piercen Hunt, Illini recruit from Wisconsin, didn't win his third straight state high school title. Finished sixth. You can't win 'em all. But he did win Western Junior Championship at Rich Harvest Farms last June.

Keep in mind: BIG men's championship is May, 2020 at RHF. If you'd like to volunteer, contact Vicki at RHF. See you there, God willing.

This weather stinks here in northern Illinois - frigid. I was out playing this time last year.

Deleted member 645583

D
Illini didn't have the best fall, but they did well in a strong field at Cypress. Here's hoping they win yet another BIG title this spring.

Unfortunately, Piercen Hunt, Illini recruit from Wisconsin, didn't win his third straight state high school title. Finished sixth. You can't win 'em all. But he did win Western Junior Championship at Rich Harvest Farms last June.

Keep in mind: BIG men's championship is May, 2020 at RHF. If you'd like to volunteer, contact Vicki at RHF. See you there, God willing.

This weather stinks up here in DeKalb - sunny but frigid. I was out playing this time last year.

Deleted member 645583

D
Oh, by the way, hat's off to a DeKalb High School golfer, Jack Paeglow, who tied for third in recent IHSA big-school championship; and DHS finished 8th, I think, out of 12. JP is headed to Illinois State; kinda hoped he would end up at Illinois.

This weather stinks here in northern Illinois - frigid. I was out playing this time last year.
What is RHF?

Konnie

Western Suburbs
RHF is Rich Harvest Farm golf course in Sugar Grove, IL.

As far as I know, spring sports players get another year of eligibility. Right?

How about golf - a fall, winter and spring sport? My guess is golf doesn't apply to above.

Need golf diversions during this Corona thing? Golf Channel is now playing Arnie stuff. Repeats, sure, but most welcome.

My fault. Explain, please. Thanks. Purity of essence always. And it's a good thing, a real good thing that you did that.
All i meant is that a little Arnie nostalgia is better than watching more recent tournaments that we might remember well enough to ruin the ending.

ILLINI IN NE

Omaha,Ne.
I bet you would all agree that one of the best things about spring was watching the Masters, especially the final round. I hope the golf channel or one of the networks replays some of the memorable final rounds in its entirety.

At my age I might not remember the outcome so it could be just as exciting the second time around.

All i meant is that a little Arnie nostalgia is better than watching more recent tournaments that we might remember well enough to ruin the ending.
Thanks. I prefer the old stuff, anyway. More Wonderful World of Golf, Challenge Golf, past majors, bios of past champions - nostalgia as opposed to the second round of last year's Screen Door Open (thanks, Lee Trevino, who coined the expression).

Golf Channel telecast a very good documentary about caddies, Bill Murray narrating, the other night and past Masters tournaments are scheduled starting Monday, I think.

I bet you would all agree that one of the best things about spring was watching the Masters, especially the final round. I hope the golf channel or one of the networks replays some of the memorable final rounds in its entirety.

At my age I might not remember the outcome so it could be just as exciting the second time around.
I agree. Pebble Beach Pro-Am is great, but the real golf season starts at the Masters. I always get the itch to play after watching the Masters, wildly hoping my game won't be as bad this season as it was last season. Sad, I live on a park district golf course - it's closed because of the virus. But I can still walk it with an iron and a few balls.

Last edited: