Illini Soccer 2018

Konnie

Western Suburbs
I hope this is an indication of an improving soccer program. The last few years have been a disappointment.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Great win! Absolutely no reason we shouldn't be good. The Illinois youth soccer scene is very strong. Still unhappy we don't have a men's team (while fully understanding the rationale).

This is B1G news! Congrats girls. When was the last time we beat a top 5 soccer program?

Awesome win, but for now I'm chalking it up as somewhat of a fluke. We lost both exhibition matches and the UNC match, and were picked 12th in the Big Ten. But I would love for the team to prove me wrong. Maybe they can build some momentum off this win and surprise people. Definitely gives some hope.

Probably a fluke considering they are losing to DePaul. Keeper just conceded one of the worst goals I have ever seen.

Konnie

Western Suburbs
Compared to previous years, the soccer team has really shown a marked improvement. They play Northwestern this Thursday in Evanston.

Do they have a realistic shot, outside of winning the B1G tourney, to make the NCAA postseason?

I'm asking sincerely because I don't follow this as closely as other sports.

Unlikely. RPI is around 45. 64 teams make it. 31 automatic qualifiers. Some reallly good wins but a few poor defeats probably due them in.

Unlikely. RPI is around 45. 64 teams make it. 31 automatic qualifiers. Some reallly good wins but a few poor defeats probably due them in.
Still a solid season, arrow pointing up no doubt! Hopefully they can just seal the deal at the B1G Tourney and keep their season rolling.