Illini Softball 2019

Illini beat Nebraska 6-4.
And for their reward they draw top ranked Michigan (who had a bye). They finished conference play 22-1 including beating us three times. We did play them within one run in two of those three games. They will likely throw Beaubien against us and she has been nearly unstoppable all year.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
Only saw the score but, tough 1-0 loss to Michigan in 8 innings. Must have been one heckuva game.

Only saw the score but, tough 1-0 loss to Michigan in 8 innings. Must have been one heckuva game.

I watched most of it, first game I watched this season. There was one point at the top of the 7th when we had runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out. The batter was not a power hitter, and they chose to have her swing instead of go for the squeeze even though a good hitter was on deck. That baffled me.

They definitely deserved to be in the tournament. They played 26 games against 14 teams who made the tournament: #1 Oklahoma (L), #7 Minnesota (L, W, L), #13 Oklahoma State (W, L), #14 Kentucky (W), #15 Michigan (4L, but 3 of them were 1-run games), #16 Northwestern (L, L), Ohio State (L, L, L), Wisconsin (L, W, W), Missouri (L, L), Houston (W), Sam Houston State (L), Tulsa (W), Seattle (L), DePaul (W).

That's eight wins against teams in the tournament, including three against host teams.

Really, they got about as good of a draw as they could have hoped. They have a short trip to Kentucky and the host school is the #14 team whom they already beat earlier in the season.

Compare that to Wisconsin, who has to go to #1 Oklahoma.

Last edited:
Illini vs. Va Tech will be at 11:00 AM CT on Friday with the game airing on ESPN3. If they win, they would play at the same time on Saturday. If they lose, they would play at 1:30 PM on Saturday.

Illinois softball with a walk-off homer in the bottom of the 7th to beat Toledo. Now they get a rematch with Virginia Tech later today. Winner plays Kentucky tomorrow for a chance at the Regional title, loser's season is over.

ilphotog

The camera never lies
Champaign
Illini down 5-1, batting in the bottom of the 6th.