Illini TBT team

DJ Richardson tweeted today "We Should Put An Illini Alumni Team In The 2Million Dollar Tournament: Name The 10 Player Roster??" I was wondering who you guys would have for your 10 person lineup and why. I was thinking of going with
Dee(if he won't because of coaching then Meachum)
McCamey
DJ
Luther Head
Rayvonte Rice
Joe Bertrand
Mike Davis
Shaun Pruitt
Augustine
Griffey

I left out DWill, Meyers, and BP3 because most of the current players don't play and I think Paul might be able to sneak on a team so he wouldn't want to risk an injury and also it's a good mixture of size, skill, youth, and experience overseas and a little NBA also.

Edit: Completly forgot about Egwu. No way he isn't on it

Last edited:

blackdog

Champaign
Trent Meachem? Surely we can do better than that.

*Googles past rosters*

Yikes, maybe not. But I would add Brian Cook. Lucas Johnson, Frank Williams, Corey Bradford, Roger Powell can replace a few more.

It's gotta be players that can still play at a high level.

It's gotta be players that can still play at a high level.

I would imagine Brian Cook could still play at a high level. I saw a pic of Jason White Chocolate Williams and Mike Bibby. Williams looks like he could still play in the NBA but Bibby gained some pounds.

I'm pretty sure if you play in the TBT then you have to give up your professional status.

Since the earliest this could be done is next summer, you could also include Tracy Abrams, Mike Thorne and Kendrick Nunn as possibilities. Obviously they might have other preferred basketball opportunities, but its also possible their share of a $2 mil first prize might be worth more than a first contract overseas. I didn't include Malcolm because I'm pretty sure he'll be in the league, but if he's not, he's obviously one of the best choices.

zpfled

Logan Square, Chicago
Augustine
Randle
Luther Head
Richardson
McCamey (screw KSU)
Mike Davis
Roger Powell
Rayvonte Rice
Dee Brown
Nnanna Egwu

Dee Brown just had a hip replacement. What activity is generally allowable after that?

robertgoulet

IL Board Resident Crooner
Austin, TX
Pretty cool seeing some of these old names pop back up. Also reminds you how big the gap is between serviceable college player and serviceable NBA player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to TBT's website, you get an 11 player roster, not 10. Roster can also have up to 5 other people on it (i.e. coach, gm, etc). And part of how they let teams in the tournament is by fan votes per region. I'd think Illinois fans would be active enough to easily get enough votes to get an Illini team in if we ever made one.