Illini Volleyball 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner23

Panama City, Florida
Illini put a beat down on the Squaks 3-0. Nice response after the 5 setter in Iowa City earlier. It seems that this team is coming together at the right time. Could pick up a surprise win or two in the tourney (if we get in). Selection show Sunday night. Based on RPI and SOS, we should be in the field.:chief:

Illini put a beat down on the Squaks 3-0. Nice response after the 5 setter in Iowa City earlier. It seems that this team is coming together at the right time. Could pick up a surprise win or two in the tourney (if we get in). Selection show Sunday night. Based on RPI and SOS, we should be in the field.:chief:

We're in, not a chance they leave us out. Iowa on the other hand is a bubble team, but their performance tonight certainly won't do them any favors with the committee. With Purdue's loss tonight, a win against OSU Saturday would guarantee us at least a tie for 5th place in the Big Ten. Pretty good considering we were picked 9th in the preseason poll.

If we win, Wisconsin loses to PSU and Purdue loses to MSU, we end up in 5th by ourselves. Hard to believe, especially with freshmen at DS, middle and opposite. Even harder to believe that we won't be ranked by the coaches poll.

Gunner23

Panama City, Florida
It was a rough night, but they were able squeak out a 5 setter at OSU. A lot of hitting errors, but figured out how to win the match. On to the NCAAs. :chief:

It was a rough night, but they were able squeak out a 5 setter at OSU. A lot of hitting errors, but figured out how to win the match. On to the NCAAs. :chief:

Not only that, but by beating OSU we made them ineligible for the NCAA tournament. They almost certainly would've been in had they won tonight due to their quality wins. I feel bad for their players, especially the seniors, but also feels kinda good to stick it to OSU. The win may also help us get a more favorable draw in the tournament.

The only prediction I've seen is that we may be going to Ames Iowa, probably playing Northern Iowa in the first round.

Gunner23

Panama City, Florida
The only prediction I've seen is that we may be going to Ames Iowa, probably playing Northern Iowa in the first round.

Selection show tonight at 8pm (Central), on ESPNU.

Dan

Admin
Illini Volleyball heading to Seattle to face Hawaii

Friday, 7:00pm CT

DPmroyjWAAABR45.jpg

If we play well we are very capable of winning that sub-regiona

Long travel with Hawaii and Washington will make it very difficult. Tough regional to say the least.

Agreed, not a favorable draw for us. Should make for some good volleyball though. Will likely be a dogfight vs Hawaii.

the fightingillini.com feed is audio only. During the selection show the announcers said that all the first round matches would be on the espn app. Although the Illini/Hawaii match doesn't show up yet on espn3, other matches are starting to show up. Hopefully that will be taken care of by Friday.

Tophe

Middle TN
Hmm, I could have sworn the link said "Watch" yesterday, but it does say "Listen". My bad.

Hmm, I could have sworn the link said "Watch" yesterday, but it does say "Listen". My bad.

I believe that it will be streamed. Fightingillini.com just doesn't have the link yet. If not, I have heard that Hawaii will stream it on their site.

Thanks for the stream, anyone know how to watch using Roku? Big west is on espn app, but this game is not listed.

Gunner23

Panama City, Florida
Up 2 sets to 0. Hopefully we can close this out in 3 sets and get ready for the Huskies on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.