Illini Volleyball 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's gonna be fun! So what are the expectations for this year with a first time HC? Any polls or prognostications out there someone can link?

We lose a lot of key players from last year (Strizak, Crittendon, Stadick, Davis) but bring back maybe our three best players in Poulter, Bastianelli, and Donnelly. We also bring in the 7th ranked recruiting class in the nation. Still, we'll be a young team and the Big Ten is ridiculously good at volleyball. If I had to guess, I'd say we're a middle of the pack conference team but still maybe top 25. Hoping for better though. It's hard to say with a new coach and all the new players. Gotta give Coach Tamas credit for keeping this team together after the coaching change. No transfers from anyone who was expected to contribute this year.

Last edited:

Gunner23

Panama City, Florida
Late to the party, but I expect that Quade will have a big year this season. We have a chance to be pretty good. We need depth and better passing this season. Last season, Poulter ran her !!! off too much to make good/great sets. Better serve-receive and better passing leads to better sets and more kills. The conference is loaded, but we have the pieces to surprise. :chief:

icengineer

Southern Illinois
Thanks, that's a good feed. Looking good. Is Gonzaga normally a good team? They aren't looking real good so far.

Is the earlier game vs Gonzaga archived anywhere? Also, is there a way to stream tonight's game via Roku? I can't find what network Big Sky is on. Any help is greatly appreciated!

icengineer

Southern Illinois
Is the earlier game vs Gonzaga archived anywhere? Also, is there a way to stream tonight's game via Roku? I can't find what network Big Sky is on. Any help is greatly appreciated!

You can apparently get the Pluto app on Roku. I'm watching it online at the Pluto site.

http://pluto.tv/watch/montana-state

I had never heard of Pluto before but it looks like a cool site, legal, free, and some various programming.

icengineer

Southern Illinois
MSU won a tough second set. We aren't looking as sharp as we did this morning.

Gunner23

Panama City, Florida
Won the match, 3-1. Fourth set not as clean as the 3rd, but still a win.

Fighting Illini take on Air Force in the final day of the Montana State Bobcat Classic @ 11:30 CST on PlutoTV: Link

Illini finish off the AFA in the final set by a final score of 25-14 to win the Bobcat Classic.

Gunner23

Panama City, Florida
Good start to the season, but next weekend will show where we are right now. Should be tougher opponents in Louisville.

icengineer

Southern Illinois
Rats, after catching the first few matches I've missed the last few. I need to start checking the schedule.

danielb927

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Rochester, MN
Great to see a 6-0 start! Next weekend's matches will be fun. Stanford's obviously a very dangerous team; I wonder if our ladies will get a boost from their familiarity with Hambly's typical coaching decisions, if Kevin will try to throw in a lot of different looks to prevent that, or if Stanford's skill will make those moot points. Weirdly, Stanford just lost to Penn State yesterday and the two play again at Huff on Saturday. Don't know much about Colorado, but coming out of the Pac-12 I'd assume they'll be the same tough challenge as any B1G team.

Great to see a 6-0 start! Next weekend's matches will be fun. Stanford's obviously a very dangerous team; I wonder if our ladies will get a boost from their familiarity with Hambly's typical coaching decisions, if Kevin will try to throw in a lot of different looks to prevent that, or if Stanford's skill will make those moot points. Weirdly, Stanford just lost to Penn State yesterday and the two play again at Huff on Saturday. Don't know much about Colorado, but coming out of the Pac-12 I'd assume they'll be the same tough challenge as any B1G team.

Colorado is 6-0, like us, but have played a tougher schedule. Stanford, under Hambly, has shown very little middle attack. Guess we should expect that from a Hambly team.

Colorado is 6-0, like us, but have played a tougher schedule. Stanford, under Hambly, has shown very little middle attack. Guess we should expect that from a Hambly team.

Western Kentucky and Louisville are both better than anyone on Colorado's schedule. We've definitely had the tougher schedule. Both matches this weekend should be fun though. Stanford is still a very talented team and will favored. We've come really close to beating them each of the last 3 years, I'd love to see us finally get that W being at home this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.