Illini Volleyball 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
The Illini only move up one spot? They are 13-0, and yet 6-3 Texas moved up to #4 and 8-2 Minny is still a spot ahead of them. I guess they'll just have to keep playing with a chip on their shoulder, then.

Illini beat Iowa 3-0 to move to 14-0 on the season. Biggest match of the season so far tomorrow against #3 Nebraska for Stuff Huff. We'll find out where we really stand. Definitely encourage y'all to go if you can, should be some great volleyball.

Illini beat Iowa 3-0 to move to 14-0 on the season. Biggest match of the season so far tomorrow against #3 Nebraska for Stuff Huff. We'll find out where we really stand. Definitely encourage y'all to go if you can, should be some great volleyball.

Is this match on TV?

Gunner23

Panama City, Florida
#7 Illini at home against #6 Wisconsin on BTN right now. Should be an entertaining match.:chief:

Should have been a sweep. Won the first fairly easily, had a 14-7 lead in the 2nd and fell apart, and had a 16-11 lead in the 3rd and fell apart again. Definitely struggle coming out of timeouts.

Dana Rettke single-handedly beating Illinois. I am so tired of our teams getting dominated by Illinois players :sick:

Dana Rettke single-handedly beating Illinois. I am so tired of our teams getting dominated by Illinois players :sick:

Illinois girls playing for Wisconsin have been thumping us for some time now.

danielb927

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Rochester, MN
Tough loss for the ladies. I just watched the replay and we had things rolling through middle of the 2nd set, but started making mistakes and the Badgers took advantage!

Biggest win of the season so far at Wisconsin, 3-1. Avenges our loss from last week.

This team has a lot of positive things going for them. They should continue to get better as the season goes on. They've been a little sloppy on serves (biggest single issue right now IMO) and seem to get "out of system" a little more often than they did last year. Granted, these flaws have been mostly apparent against other TOP 10 teams so there are going to be plays where you get bested in these sort of matchups. Fun team to watch this year for sure!

Tophe

Middle TN
I wish they'd put more of these matches on BTN, even if it's on delay. I'm not shelling out for BTN+.

WOW that match was close. All but 1 set decided by 2 points (the 1st was decided by 3).

DAMN, the Big Ten is good:

1. BYU (58)
2. Stanford (6)
3. Minnesota
4. Penn State
5. Pitt
6. ILLINOIS
7. Wisconsin
8. Texas
9. Nebraska
10. Creighton
11. Cal Poly
12. Michigan
13. Florida
14. Kentucky
15. USC
16. Oregon
17. Purdue
18. Marquette
19. Washington State
20. UCLA
21. Washington
22. Louisville
23. Arizona
24. Missouri
25. UCF
RV: Kansas State, Northern Iowa, Tennessee, Baylor, Cincinnati, Utah, Kansas, Colorado, San Diego

From that group, Illinois has fared pretty darn well, too (ranking at time shown):

W vs. #21 Colorado 3-0 (Seattle, WA)
W at #13 Washington 3-1
W vs. Northern Iowa 3-0
W vs. #10 Creighton 3-1
W at #16 Purdue 3-1
L vs. #3 Nebraska 3-1
L vs. #6 Wisconsin 3-1
L at #3 Minnesota 3-0
W at #8 Wisconsin 3-1
W vs. #13 Michigan 3-2

Still have a few big matchups coming up, too (current rankings shown):

SAT 10/27: at #9 Nebraska (7:00 pm on BTN)
SAT 11/10: vs. #4 Penn State (7:00 pm on BTN+)
SAT 11/24: vs. #17 Purdue (5:00 pm on BTN+)

I will have to make sure I watch that Nebraska game, as it is the only weekend game on BTN the rest of the year! Side note, I wonder why we don't play Missouri. I was under the impression we played them in most sports, but maybe I was just thinking of basketball and baseball (and soon to be football)? Great to see an Illini sports team so nationally relevant. :)

I will have to make sure I watch that Nebraska game, as it is the only weekend game on BTN the rest of the year! Side note, I wonder why we don't play Missouri. I was under the impression we played them in most sports, but maybe I was just thinking of basketball and baseball (and soon to be football)? Great to see an Illini sports team so nationally relevant. :)

Would be an interesting matchup if we happen to face Missouri in the tournament, considering 3 of their starters played for Illinois last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.