Illini Volleyball 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how you do it, Girls!!! Illini Nation is so proud of you!!

There's still a decent possibility that Illinois could be the only B1G team in the Final Four

Deleted member 11196

D
Congrats to the girls.... O&B loves you....

There's still a decent possibility that Illinois could be the only B1G team in the Final Four

Not likely, Nebraska is up 2-0 on Oregon. Close sets though. Pulling for Oregon since you never like to face the defending national champion who's been there before. Also Nebraska fans are crazy about volleyball and will make it feel like a road match for us.

I don’t follow volleyball at all, but see that Texas has a player, Ashley Shook, out of Plainfield. Anyone who follows vball more closely know if she considered coming to Illinois?

I don’t follow volleyball at all, but see that Texas has a player, Ashley Shook, out of Plainfield. Anyone who follows vball more closely know if she considered coming to Illinois?

No. Hambly rarely recruited Illinois and we've had very few Illinois girls in his tenure. That is changing under the new staff.

Ashley Shook started at Texas as a freshman. If she had played at Illinois she had no chance of any playing time until her junior year.

Not like we can really talk smack to other fan bases about it, but it’s genuinely weird to know your favorite team is G-R-E-A-T at their sport. Thank you SO much, ladies. You’re a framework for what the Illini can and should be in everything.

Not like we can really talk smack to other fan bases about it, but it’s genuinely weird to know your favorite team is G-R-E-A-T at their sport. Thank you SO much, ladies. You’re a framework for what the Illini can and should be in everything.
Nicely said

Dan

Admin
Final Four | Target Center (Minneapolis, MN)

Thursday, December 13th

#1 Stanford vs #4 BYU - 6:00pm CT (ESPN)
#3 Illinois vs #7 Nebraska - 8:00pm CT (ESPN)

Winners meet in the National Title Game, Saturday 8:00pm CT (ESPN2)

Deleted member 4333

D
No. Hambly rarely recruited Illinois and we've had very few Illinois girls in his tenure. That is changing under the new staff.

Currently, our roster has only one girl from Illinois.

Actually 2 of our girls have grandparents that live in Charleston. So theres that connection ;)

Illinois88

United States

Why's that? I don't follow volleyball recruiting that much so I'm unaware of what states and regions are fertile with talent, or are targets.

If anyone wants to watch a reply of the match, here is the link: ESPN Replay
If anyone has been following along but not watching, I'll tell you that it is fast paced, pretty easy to follow, and impressive as heck to watch. Pretty much every point ends with someone smashing the ball or someone blocking a smash. It's a good time.

There is plenty of great volleyball talent in Illinois. Four of Wisconsin’s starters, including a first team all-American, are from Illinois. There may have been good reason for not persuading them to attend Illinois, and Hambly recruited many incredible players — just not from Illinois in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.