Illini Volleyball 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
12-12. If we hadnt given them 4 points of the first 5, we would be out of the gym by now!

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
That call was ridiculous.

Deleted member 8632

D
Being an illini fan is brutal. Good run ladies(y)

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
There is just a deep conspiracy to screw Illinois over no matter the sport, isn't there?

Feels kind of like it. I don’t know how you could say inconclusively that the ball touched our hands on that last challenge.

Oh well, if we hadn’t served it into the net 3 times in a row maybe it wouldn’t have mattered.

Very painful. I don't think I saw that many errors in their first 5 matches combine. Heck of a year for the ladies though!

I don't wanna hear this great season stuff right now. We got screwed by that call (though all the service errors didn't help either).

SuperMetroid

Evanston
Pressure really got to our youngsters in the end. Endless service errors after being nearly perfect the first 2 sets. Just shot ourselves in the foot way too many times. Gutted that Poulter and Bastianelli had to go out like that.

Deleted member 19448

D
It’s Illinois something will always go wrong in the end.

The team only loses 3 seniors. They'll be back.

Two of those seniors are All-Americans, including probably the best setter in the country. We'll still be a good team, but if we were gonna win a national title in the near future this had to be the year IMO. I think Quade will keep us in the top 25 next year, but Poulter and Bastianelli will be hard to replace.

SuperMetroid

Evanston
In AWE of that call ... tonight has turned me into a conspiracy theorist. Great season, ladies ... you made the Illini proud. We’ll be back.

I have absolutely no idea what they could have seen to overturn that call. None at all. Hard to believe we could get reffed in volleyball of all sports, but such is the cursed life of an Illini fan I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.